Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 17-06-2019, 11:22 PM   #1
jcooper5083
Washmitt Meister

Dodo Juice Supernatural Acrylic Spritz experience???

Hi all.

I have been given a brand new bottle of this and wondered if anyone has any experience using it,and best prep/application methods?

Reading up about it there seems to be no standard process for application with lots of variation from the instruction and there seems to be mixed results.

Many thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jcooper5083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 12:02 AM   #2
Steampunk
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,975 Times in 902 Posts
Garage
SN Acrylic-Spritz is a nice product, and somewhat underrated.

It's an acrylic spray sealant, similar in concept to the old Werkstat Acrylic-Jett Trigger... Best when layered, where it creates a 'candy-coated' type of look, and for me the durability has been reliably in the 3-4 month range; maybe a little more on a garage queen.

[4-Coats]

In terms of prep, I would recommend either bare, polished and stripped paint, or a familiar acrylic-based product like CarLack Complete (Carlack + SN AS is the current equivalent of the old Werkstat twins, from what I have found.)...

Application wise, it's a spray-on-wipe-off sort of product... Pretty simple, and forgiving of weather conditions... I'd give it a bit of time between layers (At least an hour, though 12-24 might help the previous layer to cure a little more thoroughly.), and I wouldn't be afraid to stack half a dozen coats on... It's a pretty easy product to apply after a wash to keep it topped up, so use it as frequently as you like; it's water-based.

You can also apply it over or under a wax... In either case it will add a 'synthetic' look to the product, and a bit of durability.

Beading isn't bad...

Hope this helps.

- Steampunk
Steampunk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steampunk For This Useful Post:
bigpapaburgundy (19-06-2019), jcooper5083 (19-06-2019), MAXI-MILAN (19-06-2019)
Old 19-06-2019, 04:49 AM   #3
Bulkhead

Garage
I've used it and it was good. I'm not sure what kind of demand there is for products like this anymore though. I've moved away from waxes and onto sealants like Fusso coat. I just started to top that with AG Polar Seal via a foam lance. It takes a couple of minutes with no application hassle and looks amazing. If you like things more old school, I would think it would be fine.
Bulkhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2019, 04:02 PM   #4
jcooper5083
Washmitt Meister

Thanks guys, really appreciate the feedback and as I have got a new bottle free will give it a go. Like the idea of layering.

I know this sounds stupid but I enjoy cleaning and in particular waxing so using a sealant that I dont have to touch for several months takes away half the fun for me.

Pleased it can be applied on top of wax as a top up too.

Thanks again
The Following User Says Thank You to jcooper5083 For This Useful Post:
bigpapaburgundy (19-06-2019)
Old 20-06-2019, 09:47 AM   #5
Steampunk

Thanked 1,975 Times in 902 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcooper5083 View Post
Thanks guys, really appreciate the feedback and as I have got a new bottle free will give it a go. Like the idea of layering.

I know this sounds stupid but I enjoy cleaning and in particular waxing so using a sealant that I dont have to touch for several months takes away half the fun for me.

Pleased it can be applied on top of wax as a top up too.

Thanks again
It's not really stupid at all... Keeping products topped-up as often as you can tends to have a beneficial effect in maintaining that 'just detailed' look, and keeping your protection at 100%.

Basically, you can either treat SN AS as a standalone, highly layerable acrylic sealant, or as a QD. Some of the more modern spray sealant technologies can offer some individual advantages, but SN AS puts up a really good fight, and often proves itself more reliable in the real world...

- Steampunk
Steampunk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steampunk For This Useful Post:
bigpapaburgundy (21-06-2019), jcooper5083 (21-06-2019)
Old 20-06-2019, 04:01 PM   #6
westerman

DD Acrylic spritz is a good product. It is a decent sealant giving good gloss and as has been said lasts 3/4 months when layered.

I believe DoDo say that their Future Armour, another great sealant, is more kind to waxed surfaces than Acrylic Spritz.

Harry
westerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to westerman For This Useful Post:
jcooper5083 (21-06-2019)
Old 21-06-2019, 02:29 PM   #7
jcooper5083
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
It's not really stupid at all... Keeping products topped-up as often as you can tends to have a beneficial effect in maintaining that 'just detailed' look, and keeping your protection at 100%.

Basically, you can either treat SN AS as a standalone, highly layerable acrylic sealant, or as a QD. Some of the more modern spray sealant technologies can offer some individual advantages, but SN AS puts up a really good fight, and often proves itself more reliable in the real world...

- Steampunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by westerman View Post
DD Acrylic spritz is a good product. It is a decent sealant giving good gloss and as has been said lasts 3/4 months when layered.

I believe DoDo say that their Future Armour, another great sealant, is more kind to waxed surfaces than Acrylic Spritz.

Harry
Thank you guys - I am now looking forward to using this and layering the **** off it