Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : – 303 | 3M | Auto Finesse | Bilt Hamber | Blackfire | Black Mamba | Bouncer's | Britemax | California Scents | CarPro | Chemical Guys | Collinite | Crakalicious | Dakota Products | Dodo Juice | G3 Pro | Gtechniq | Koch Chemie | Lake Country | Meguiars | Menzerna | Muc-Off | Nanolex | OPT | Pinnacle | Poorboys World | Rupes | Sam's Detailing | Scholl Concepts | Soft99 | Sonax | Sonus | Stoner | Valet Pro | Victoria Wax | Wolfgang | Zaino | e-Gift Certificates | Trade Accounts | www.DetailedClean.co.uk

Old 17-05-2019, 05:27 PM   #1
jcooper5083
Washmitt Meister

Best DA kits please - sorry

The sorry is I am sure this has been asked a million times however after deliberation and looking at the tools my brother has and the fact this will be my first dip in to machine polishing I am looking for your advice to meet the following requirements:
  • I am new to machine polishing
  • The car is a Mercedes in Osidian metallic black so is a hard paint
  • The correction required is light swirls but too much to get rid of by hand. No RDS or faded paint
  • I am looking for the best DA kit or combination that will supply the machine, backing plates, pads, compounds, pad primer and pad brushes (I know these may need to be purchased separately)
  • I already have Poorboys SSR 2 polish however looking for recommendations on good brands/compounds for my requirements)
  • I am looking to get 5 inch backing plate and the smaller 3 inch plate
  • I am looking for pads of different cut levels/finish and to match the normal and smaller backing plates

The reason for coming to you all is there are so many kits and products out there I am looking to be steered in the right direction. It would seem more expensive to buy everything individually but then I understand I am looking for more than the average kit will provide.

Many thanks for you help
jcooper5083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 06:04 PM   #2
big dave 666
Washmitt Meister

And your budget??
The das6 range seems popular with beginners, and is a very reasonable price from sellers on here. Or budget allowing you could get a rupes da, along with the colour coded pads and polishes. It depends on how deep your wallet is.
Also worth considering how often will you use it. If you're going to enhance just the one car it may not be worth spending loads if the machine is going to be tucked away in your shed for 51 weeks of the year
big dave 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to big dave 666 For This Useful Post:
jcooper5083 (17-05-2019)
Old 17-05-2019, 06:06 PM   #3
big dave 666
Washmitt Meister

And I take it that you have the equipment to d contaminate the paintwork thoroughly prior to commencing machine polishing...ie..clay fallout remover, tar remover etc etc???
jcooper5083 (17-05-2019)
Old 17-05-2019, 06:50 PM   #4
jcooper5083
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by big dave 666 View Post
And I take it that you have the equipment to d contaminate the paintwork thoroughly prior to commencing machine polishing...ie..clay fallout remover, tar remover etc etc???
Thanks for the response. Firstly I have all pre-machine stuff from everything you have mentioned through to panel wipe and the waxes for post polish.

Budget wise I am at around the £200 mark ideally, anything under this is a bonus but will pay what I need to in order to do the job.

usage wise it will be mainly the Merc, depending on paint condition could be twice a year with the miles I will be doing but ideally only once as dont want to be removing too much clear coat. I also have the wives Nissan Quashqai which will be done once a year.

Many thanks
jcooper5083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2019, 07:08 PM   #5
big dave 666
Washmitt Meister

Have a look at the clean your car deals for the das6 range
jcooper5083 (17-05-2019)
Old 17-05-2019, 07:09 PM   #6
jcooper5083
Washmitt Meister