Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > The Official DetailingWorld™ Review Section > Prewash/Snowfoam
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19-11-2018, 12:47 AM   #1
cossiecol
Moderator & Reviewer

Thanked 3,385 Times in 1,910 Posts
Detailingworld™ Lite Review - Bear Car Care Glacier Snowfoam

Firstly thanks goes to Ash at Bear Care Care for sending Glacier out to review, as my current snowfoam was finished with my last wash this was perfect timing!

About Bear Car Care:
"Bear was launched in 2016, Formulated by enthusiastic detailers it is our aim to make products the way we feel they should work and bring them to you. Bear is a brand based on very simple things , quality easy to use products and a team of amazing enthusiasts helping to drive us forward to show this.Here it is our vision and products. Please check out our shop and view the range. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do."

The Product:

Glacier arrived and a good quality bottle with all the instructions clearly labelled. The scent was that of bubble gum. Strangely for a snow foam it had a pump dispenser on it...This brings me on to a safety issue which I encountered.

When opening the bottle/pump to use it, it opens like a household soap i.e. you rotate it round and it pops up, unfortunately for me when it popped up there was quite a bit of product which flew out of the bottle (it appears to be from the neck of the dispenser) and hit me in the eye......let me tell you that stuff stings! After rinsing my eye for a good amount of time (still nippy hours later) it was then time to get back to the review. The dispenser was then removed as 1) I didn't trust it and 2) it did not dispense a large enough amount of product to be useful for me.

What Bear Say?
"Glacier is a PH Neutral snowfoam formulated to produce a hick coat of foam over your car to help drag and break down dirt safely. Being PH neutral, the foam is wax and LSP safe yet effective. Glacier is very effective as part of your pre wash stage and will help make your wash safe.

- PH Neutral
- Wax & LSP Safe
- Concentrated Formula
- High Foaming

DIRECTIONS
- Place 50-100ml into your lance bottle.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with warm water.
- Cover the whole vehicle in Glacier until it is covered
- Allow to dwell for approx 5 mins
- Finally pressure wash off for fantastic results."

The Use:
As is standard for me I opted to go with 100ml of product in my bottle and filled the rest with cold water.

The vRS was then rinsed with the power washer and the snowfoam applied.

Glacier applied better than my previous one and seemed on first impression to cling to the car better too.

Glacier was then left to dwell...

After 4 minutes:

After 6 minutes:

The vRS was then rinsed with the power washer and the results inspected.

Price:
Glacier is available from Bear Car Care and is currently only listed in a 1ltr size. This is priced (prior to P&P and any discounts) at £12.99

Would I use this again?
This is a resounding yes. I'm needing to purchase some new snow foam and this is right up there now.

Cossie's verdict?:
A very impressive snow foam with good dwell time, it went on easy did it's job and removed most of the build up which was on the car at the time.

Thanks for reading, as usual if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers

Cossiecol

"DW has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "