Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > The Official DetailingWorld™ Review Section > LSP
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2019, 07:05 PM   #1
Brian1612
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 3,849 Times in 2,499 Posts
Detailingworld™ Review - Britemax Remax

Introduction

I want to both thank and apologise to Matt at Britemax Direct, he sent this product out quite a while ago but I had some issues initially with testing. Another bottle was sent out but it has taken me quite a while to get around to reviewing this. Finally though I have managed to give it a good run out and looking forward to sharing my thoughts on this one. I have reviewed quite a lot of the Britemax range and I am yet to be disappointed with anything I have tried. Touch wood Remax isn't the first one to not follow the crowd!

For any further information on any of the products tested & the brand, please visit http://www.britemax-direct.co.uk/ who are the official distributors of Britemax goods within the UK.

The Product

Remax is labelled as an Si02 based spray sealant. From my understanding it acts as Britemax's topper product for application on top of it's ceramic coating offerings, and these type of products are really on the rage at the moment with many companies offering a ceramic topper product.

The description of Remax was taken straight from the Britemax UK site and can be read below:-

"Remax Si02 Hydrophobic Spray Sealant
709ml (24 oz)
  • Fast & Easy to use
  • Prolongs the life of sealants
  • Keeps surfaces cleaner for longer
  • Repels rain and grime
  • Super hydrophobic
  • Ceramic coating enhancer
  • Great on rubber and plastics
  • Also available in pro trade bulk US Gallon
Remax Si02 Spray Sealant features the durability and glass like gloss of a ceramic coating in an easy to use spray & wipe formulation. More than just a spray wax, Remax is manufactured with ceramic silica technology that leaves your surfaces smooth and glassy.

Easy to use on all surfaces, Remax leaves paint, chrome, plastics and glass extremely hydrophobic for up to 6 months. Remax can be used as a standalone product or as an enhancer to previously applied ceramic coating/sealant."

The bottle that was sent out was the full size product and contained 32oz (709ml) of what looked like watered down milk with no scent to it at all. The bottle itself has the typical Britemax look and shape with smart, crisp looking labeling. This includes all the product and instruction details printed on it. I personally like the overall shape and look of these bottles and, the spray triggers I have found to be of good quality as well.

The Method

Instructions for using Remax are straight forward enough:-

"Direction: On first test Remax in an inconspicuous area before applying to whole vehicle. Surfaces, should be clean and free of all oils and solvents before application.

Remax can be applied to a freshly cleaned and rinsed car whilst still wet, but for optimum results thoroughly dry vehicle first. Shake well and lightly spray onto a clean microfibre cloth or applicator and apply to surface. Using a second dry and clean microfibre lightly buff away residue haze."

I owed my brother in law a favor so unfortunately, I am testing this out on a white Citreon Berlingo which he uses for work

The van was given a full decontamination and polish with with Britemax Virtue which made a huge difference to the condition of the paint and left it ready for the application of Remax.

Starting with the bonnet, the towel had two squirts of Remax applied to a folded MF towel which was then spread over half the panel.

https://youtu.be/3JWmHXjrlHQ

As you can see in the video, it was a little grabby on the paint initially when trying to spread over the panel but nothing overly difficult. A very thin film was left on the paint which buffed off easily and left the paint feeling extremely slick.

Hydrophobicity was pretty good as well and no doubt on top of a ceramic coating even more impressive.

Although I have no photo's of application to plastics I used Remax as a top layer to protect the dressing I used. It had no impact on the look of the plastic nor did it have any issue sitting on top of the dressing. After application the plastic was then beading just as effectively as the paintwork and the overall look of the van, for white was crisp and glassy.

I have recently invested in a few painted panels to allow me to test the durability on products. One of these panels was polished with a finishing polish then panel wiped to ensure bare paint.

1 mist was enough to spread over this small panel and due to the colour made the streaky looking residue easier to photograph.

As a stand alone product it performs fairly well and the hydrophobicity looked
good on bare paint with fairly round, uniform beads with good sheeting ability as well.

This test panel was left out in the elements and was washed weekly with a PH neutral shampoo. I was able to get roughly 4-5 months from the product which isn't far off it's claimed durability. I suspect this would drop to 3-4 months though if on a car being driven.

Price

Remax costs £22.95 for the 709ml bottle which compared to rivals is actually pretty good value and comes in cheaper per ml. That trend continues when you look at the larger gallon jerry can style bottles as well.

https://www.britemax-direct.co.uk/br...re-c2x24104445

Would I use it again?

I plan on ceramic coating my new car in the spring/summer and I think Remax will be the perfect topper for this. It won't be used much up until that point but it will be reserved exclusively for my car only. If I remember I will update this review with a brief view on how it is over coatings.

Conclusion

It isn't much different to other Si02 spray sealants on the market but this isn't a bad thing. As Remax comes in cheaper it represents good value for money. For anyone looking to venture into the Si02 market and looking for a quick sealant or topper for their ceramic coating I think Remax is well worth purchasing.

As always thanks for reading guys and feel free to ask any questions

DW reviewer has followed the Manufacturer’s Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test.

Last edited by Brian1612; 09-02-2019 at 07:08 PM.
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brian1612 For This Useful Post:
Cookies (09-02-2019), OvEr_KiLL (09-02-2019), sm81 (09-02-2019)
Old 09-02-2019, 07:11 PM   #2
Cookies
Distinguished Detailer + Dw Reviewer

Thanked 6,097 Times in 4,294 Posts
Garage
Great review, Brian. It looks like a very competent product. I like the fact that you've measured the durability of the product too. Great stuff.

Cooks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cookies For This Useful Post:
Brian1612 (09-02-2019)
Old 09-02-2019, 07:56 PM   #3
Brian1612
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 3,849 Times in 2,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookies View Post
Great review, Brian. It looks like a very competent product. I like the fact that you've measured the durability of the product too. Great stuff.

Cooks

Cheers Cookie! I have 4 of these panels so it's something I am going to do going forward with LSPs.

Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
britemax, ceramic, remax, sealant, si02