Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > Health & Lifestyle Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health & Lifestyle Zone Suited and Booted ,Grooming, Personal Care, Health, Shaving , Aftershaves , Clothes , Watches and more

Old 26-06-2019, 07:23 AM   #11
Mad Ad
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,415 Times in 992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekh929 View Post
I and my family have used spec savers for years , always been great service and price, but most companies will stick to set terms and run with them.
As long as made aware or given terms that’s then fair IMHO
On the other side spec savers said I needed a hearing aid and I decided to get independent test and was told I was fine and little benefit of getting a hearing aid.
It is the wife and daughter that keep saying I’m deaf and not hearing exactly what they are saying
I say selective hearing
Mad Ad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 08:01 AM   #12
macca666

Thanked 2,155 Times in 1,255 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_boy_fat View Post
Errrr, I'm going to put my head on the block and say that OE have adhered to the terms of the contract between themselves and your wife, so you/she don't really have any justifiable cause for complaint - that's what contracts are for, so that both parties know what their rights and obligations are. Had they failed to agree or make the refund, then another situation arises.

For balance, I had both eyes done about 10 years ago and am only now needing cheap reading glasses for small or some coloured print - I was told back then that this would happen. So, they can't be all bad.
I got mine done now about 14 year ago and my wife got hers done the year before. Both at Optical express and they were great with us. We were also told that about 98% of the population need reading glasses as they get older and this will still be the case after the surgery. I've obviously not reached that age yet (I'm 45) as my eyesight is still fine and don't need reading glasses and neither does my wife . It was one of the best things I've ever done
macca666 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to macca666 For This Useful Post:
slim_boy_fat (26-06-2019)
Old 26-06-2019, 08:51 AM   #13
Darlofan

Thanked 1,091 Times in 708 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_boy_fat View Post
Errrr, I'm going to put my head on the block and say that OE have adhered to the terms of the contract between themselves and your wife, so you/she don't really have any justifiable cause for complaint - that's what contracts are for, so that both parties know what their rights and obligations are. Had they failed to agree or make the refund, then another situation arises.

For balance, I had both eyes done about 10 years ago and am only now needing cheap reading glasses for small or some coloured print - I was told back then that this would happen. So, they can't be all bad.

He's probably more annoyed by fact it takes 28days to refund yet the 500 deposit would have left his account before he'd stepped out of the shop door. As for terms and conditions, I'd love to bet there was a couple of pages of them in small writing with the refund bit hidden in the middle.
Darlofan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Darlofan For This Useful Post:
nbray67 (26-06-2019)
Old 26-06-2019, 12:42 PM   #14
nbray67

Thanked 2,612 Times in 1,893 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlofan View Post
He's probably more annoyed by fact it takes 28days to refund yet the 500 deposit would have left his account before he'd stepped out of the shop door. As for terms and conditions, I'd love to bet there was a couple of pages of them in small writing with the refund bit hidden in the middle.
Bang on the money right there.

My thread was only to warn people about the this exact fact and it's 28 working days not 28 days.

We do have the money back with us but they still tried to offer my wife alternative surgery, before they did refund, that the original Optometrist said wasn't advisable for my wife's sight correction as all options/surgery had already been discussed and advised and wasn't recommended by said Optometrist.

Telephone calls days before the refund were worded as 'we may be able to do something else' and 'if you call back in we may be able to refer you for an alternative'.

That alone is one big warning sign right there that they are quite flaky and more interested in a sale than the customers health and wellbeing.

Lesson learnt.
nbray67 is offline   Reply With Quote