Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 06-09-2017, 02:29 PM   #21
GleemSpray
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,528 Times in 1,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCraig View Post
Hi all,

After using EGP for years and just recently used DSW, I just wondered if there are any waxes out there like EGP.

As in that you can cover the whole car with the wax and buff off? I don't mind about durability as I'll wax more often if needs be.

I'm not sure if DSW can do that as I didn't try.

Willing to spend up to £40-50 max.

Craig
If you like AG products, then HD wax is a great performer and very tolerant of application. You can cover a whole car and it will all be ready to buff in about 20 mins.

The included sponge applicators, to be used damp as instructed, make it easy to apply and spread out.

Its not cheap, but it gives a great finish and is very durable.
GleemSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GleemSpray For This Useful Post:
iCraig (06-09-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 03:09 PM   #22
Big Bri
PC Perfectionist

Blackfire Midnight Sun,Autoglym HD wax and any BMD[all mentioned prior].I do a panel at a time now days,because im Old and take my time.Biggest headache is deciding which one to choose.

BB
Big Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 10:51 PM   #23
DPG87
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1612 View Post
I would have to disagree. Although great waxes they work best as an on an off, panel at a time. I have spoken to Fraser quite a lot and he advises this application method for just about all his protection based products other than Nanocoat.

You won't get easier than FK 2685, Britemax Vantage or FK1000p (sealant) for full car application then buffing.
I work with Fraser at shows, I've never had any issues with removing the 1-2-1 or signature following application to the full car, indeed that is one of the things I love about them

I'm surprise you've had any issues at all with removal as I'd always tell our customers that application to a full car and easy removal is one of the benefits of those waxes

Last edited by DPG87; 07-09-2017 at 10:54 PM.
DPG87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 11:18 PM   #24
Hufty
DW Reviewer

Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,121 Posts
Garage
Look at OCD finish divergence it literally melts into the paint so easy to buff
Hufty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:48 AM   #25
Brian1612
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 3,631 Times in 2,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPG87 View Post
I work with Fraser at shows, I've never had any issues with removing the 1-2-1 or signature following application to the full car, indeed that is one of the things I love about them

I'm surprise you've had any issues at all with removal as I'd always tell our customers that application to a full car and easy removal is one of the benefits of those waxes
Found both 121 and butterwax to be extremely fast curing. With Butterwax I even had to go as far as half the roof instead of the full roof or it would be difficult to remove. Certainly vastly different experiences of both but I do find the apply and remove instsntly as the product states the easiest method for me personally. Signature is a little more forgiving but even that I still finds performs best on the no cure time method.

Last edited by Brian1612; 08-09-2017 at 01:50 AM.
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:45 AM   #26
DPG87
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1612 View Post
Found both 121 and butterwax to be extremely fast curing. With Butterwax I even had to go as far as half the roof instead of the full roof or it would be difficult to remove. Certainly vastly different experiences of both but I do find the apply and remove instsntly as the product states the easiest method for me personally. Signature is a little more forgiving but even that I still finds performs best on the no cure time method.
Butter wax yes, I agree, is a panel by panel wax, I wouldn't go round the full car before buffing but I'm honestly surprised you've found any issues at all with 1-2-1 as it's one of the easiest waxes to work with out there (that being said there are plenty out there on the market these days which are extremely easy on off)
DPG87 is offline   Reply With Quote