Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > O.C.D Waxes
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2017, 08:27 PM   #1
Mikej857
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,283 Times in 815 Posts
Garage
Halloween wax first use

Today I got a chance to use OCD waxes Halloween limited edition blend

I purchased a full 200ml pot but also added a 50ml sample pot to actually use so this was put into service this morning (yes sad so I don't have to use the full pot)

Initial thoughts are the wax is a super smooth pour on both pots and the scent of toffee apple is great not overly sickly and just lingers

Loading the applicator took no more than a couple of turns of the wowo's applicator and its spread extremely well, the toffee apple scent is in the air the whole time and its just right, OCD are known for there scents and I'd put them equally against Dan at ODK with there ability to be able to come up with a scent that's not normally associated with a wax take nebula as an example, coconut and vanilla again not a scent that instantly comes to mind when picking a scent for a wax but its sublime and the Halloween wax is no different, toffee apple isn't something I've heard of before in the wax making circles but it works and smells divine

Curing was around 10/15 minutes, I'm not one for being techinal and timing it and it wasnt exactly the warmest of days today, I applied it to 4 panels at a time then removed but applied it to the roof a side at a time then returned to the opposite side to remove so cure time was far less on this panel but the wax didn't give any indication it was actually on the surface no grabbing or hazing or holograms, a 400gsm microfiber removed it with ease and none of this residue left that takes numerous passes to remove no haze or holograms on any of the panels no matter how long it was left to cure it really was a joy to use with the continual linger of toffee apples in the air

As usual on white paint the pictures really do not do this wax any justice, the finish is glossy and slick and just exudes that a quality wax was used I'm over the moon with it and so should anyone who decides to purchase it

And the price of this masterpiece just over £40 including delivery what's not to like

Lately its been a nightmare when it came to choosing a wax to use from my ever growing collection with there being so many purchased.
I can honestly say I've yet to find one wax that has dissapointed recently which I'm sure you've all noticed with my multitude of review posts every week but I assure everyone my reviews are accurate and true and if anyone purchases this wax and has a problem then do pm me

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Mikej857; 05-11-2017 at 08:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikej857 For This Useful Post:
macca666 (05-11-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 08:32 PM   #2
Mikej857

Garage
I forgot to add OCD attention to detail spreads as far as the delivery packaging its packaged like the crown jewels and the tissue paper is not something I've received with any other brand and just adds that extra touch of class and attention to every detail

Last edited by Mikej857; 05-11-2017 at 08:35 PM.
O.C.D Waxes (08-11-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 10:07 PM   #3
Hufty
DW Reviewer

Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,121 Posts
Garage
Nice review Mike, was very tempted with one of these but already bought 2 Halloween waxes. Know what you mean about choice, it was so much simpler when autoglym was only choice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hufty For This Useful Post:
O.C.D Waxes (08-11-2017)
Old 08-11-2017, 06:22 PM   #4
O.C.D Waxes
DW Sponsor

Thanks for taking the time to review the Halloween Wax Mike.

It's always great to hear peoples thoughts, good or bad, but even better when the feedback is so positive. I worked hard on the removal aspect of this blend especially so to read that the removal was one of it's standout features is amazing.

Glad to read the packaging being appreciated too as this is something else I put a lot of effort in to. Even the ladies in the post office put the postage labels on my packages as straight as possible now for fear of ruining the appearance if they aren't aligned haha.

Last edited by O.C.D Waxes; 08-11-2017 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:43 PM   #5
Mikej857

Garage
With the amount of liquid falling from the sky recently its demonstrated the awesome water behaviour of this wax

All from a single layer

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
steelghost (12-11-2017)