Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General > Detailing Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Detailing Chat Got a detailing related question that doesn't fit in any other section? Post it in here. Sponsored by CleanYourCar

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-06-2021, 02:02 PM   #6501
shl-kelso
Orbital Oracle
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Scottish Borders
Posts: 700
Thanks: 285
Thanked 322 Times in 272 Posts
I知 in the middle of my new car exterior decontamination/wash/seal on my Kia e-Niro in metallic Yacht Blue.

Decon and wash/dry all completed this morning and car is in back inside the garage for a paint inspection before LSP. Not sure what I知 going to finish it with yet, might be a wax for the summer or any of a number of sealants I致e acquired over lockdown. I値l soon find out how good/bad the paintwork will be after a close inspection this afternoon, but I致e already decided that any polishing/defect removal will wait till the end of summer as I知 wanting to get out and about at the weekend rather than spending lots of time in the garage. That can wait for the winter prep detail and darker nights.
shl-kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shl-kelso For This Useful Post:
Soul boy 68 (19-06-2021)
Old 19-06-2021, 04:26 PM   #6502
shl-kelso
Orbital Oracle
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Scottish Borders
Posts: 700
Thanks: 285
Thanked 322 Times in 272 Posts
Decided to go for speed and ease of application, so went for Sonax Xtreme Protect & Shine Hybrid NPT, and sealed the wheels with Sonax Xtreme Wheel Rim Coating. I did find some minor bird bomb etching in places, so will crack out the DA in a week or two and get them removed. Other than that there are no signs of significant defects, apart from the expected orange peel. I知 not sure I知 up for wet sanding, so might just have to live with this for a while.
shl-kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2021, 04:58 PM   #6503
nbray67
DW Superstar
 
nbray67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nott's
Posts: 5,148
Thanks: 3,303
Thanked 4,094 Times in 2,729 Posts
Garage
Not today but earlier this week gave the new car, Leon eHybrid, a full decon, machine polish and ceramic coating to paint, trim and wheels.

Not the best pics but nice to be detailing a small car instead of the X3 it replaced.
No before's but I had the dealer deliver it without washing or removing the remaining transport wrap on the door pillars and rear spoiler glossy bits.

Prewash then snowfoam, rinsed off.
Decon with Carchem Iron Detox, AS Tardis and clay mitt to finish
Snowfoam rinse off
2BM wash and dried off ready for a machine polish
Vertool used with Carpro Essence on their Gloss Pad.
Had to use DK 1.1 on a couple of etchings/stubborn marks but these were removed with ease, back over with Essence on these couple of areas.
Paintwork finished with Britemax Igneous Quartz ceramic, breeze to use.
Wheels removed, decon'd and polished up then coated with my spare bit of ZR53
Exterior plastics treated with C4
Tyres dressed with Carchem trim/rubber.
Glass cleaned with AG Glass Polish, final wipe over with Nilglass.

Not the best pics but it's come up pretty well compared to how we rec'd it with 110 delivery miles only.









nbray67 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nbray67 For This Useful Post:
AndyQash (19-06-2021), bigup (19-06-2021), Bristle Hound (22-06-2021), Cookies (20-06-2021), GSVHammer (19-06-2021), Miggyt (19-06-2021), pt1 (19-06-2021), sharrkey (19-06-2021)
Old 19-06-2021, 07:09 PM   #6504
AndyQash
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
AndyQash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 915
Thanks: 1,108
Thanked 673 Times in 493 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbray67 View Post
Not today but earlier this week gave the new car, Leon eHybrid, a full decon, machine polish and ceramic coating to paint, trim and wheels.

Not the best pics but nice to be detailing a small car instead of the X3 it replaced.
No before's but I had the dealer deliver it without washing or removing the remaining transport wrap on the door pillars and rear spoiler glossy bits.

Prewash then snowfoam, rinsed off.
Decon with Carchem Iron Detox, AS Tardis and clay mitt to finish
Snowfoam rinse off
2BM wash and dried off ready for a machine polish
Vertool used with Carpro Essence on their Gloss Pad.
Had to use DK 1.1 on a couple of etchings/stubborn marks but these were removed with ease, back over with Essence on these couple of areas.
Paintwork finished with Britemax Igneous Quartz ceramic, breeze to use.
Wheels removed, decon'd and polished up then coated with my spare bit of ZR53
Exterior plastics treated with C4
Tyres dressed with Carchem trim/rubber.
Glass cleaned with AG Glass Polish, final wipe over with Nilglass.

Not the best pics but it's come up pretty well compared to how we rec'd it with 110 delivery miles only.









Looking good, fella...lovely colour too.
AndyQash is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyQash For This Useful Post:
nbray67 (20-06-2021)
Old 19-06-2021, 09:09 PM   #6505
pt1
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
pt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,143
Thanks: 1,061
Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,008 Posts
Looking great nbray67 love the colour

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
pt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pt1 For This Useful Post:
nbray67 (20-06-2021)
Old 19-06-2021, 09:42 PM   #6506
pt1
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
pt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 2,143
Thanks: 1,061
Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,008 Posts
I was impressed with zymol concours the other day so decided to give the full car a coat this evening


Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
pt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pt1 For This Useful Post:
bigup (19-06-2021), Cookies (20-06-2021), GSVHammer (19-06-2021), nbray67 (20-06-2021)
Old 20-06-2021, 08:27 AM   #6507
nbray67
DW Superstar
 
nbray67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nott's
Posts: 5,148
Thanks: 3,303
Thanked 4,094 Times in 2,729 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyQash View Post
Looking good, fella...lovely colour too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt1 View Post
Looking great nbray67 love the colour

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Cheers lads.

It's actually metallic 'Mystery Blue' and does look nice in the flesh.

This driving around in electric only lark is pretty good on the fuel consumption as we've still not used any yet!!
nbray67 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nbray67 For This Useful Post:
Cookies (20-06-2021)
Old 20-06-2021, 01:38 PM   #6508
Cookies
Distinguished Detailer + Dw Reviewer
 
Cookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: County Down
Posts: 8,391
Thanks: 15,539
Thanked 7,032 Times in 4,834 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbray67 View Post
Cheers lads.



It's actually metallic 'Mystery Blue' and does look nice in the flesh.



This driving around in electric only lark is pretty good on the fuel consumption as we've still not used any yet!!
That's a gorgeous car, mate. Love the colour! They're supposed to be ridiculously easy on fuel, if you keep charging the battery.
Health to enjoy it, buddy.
N

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
Cookies is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cookies For This Useful Post:
nbray67 (20-06-2021)
Old 20-06-2021, 02:07 PM   #6509
nbray67
DW Superstar
 
nbray67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nott's
Posts: 5,148
Thanks: 3,303
Thanked 4,094 Times in 2,729 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookies View Post
That's a gorgeous car, mate. Love the colour! They're supposed to be ridiculously easy on fuel, if you keep charging the battery.
Health to enjoy it, buddy.
N

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
Cheers mucka!

We charge it daily and not touched a drop of petrol as yet as it'll do upto 85mph in electric only mode and it's good, as we've found, for 26miles on electric, possibly a couple more but still more than enough for us pottering about.

The claimed 36miles on a full charge are pie in the sky figs in truth.
nbray67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2021, 06:34 PM   #6510
bigup
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,207
Thanks: 1,468
Thanked 361 Times in 266 Posts
Cleaned the car today. Wanted to try something different and was quite surprised with how it performed. Used Alien Magic Gamma snow foam.

Used 100ml in a 1000ml Lance. Good cling time and gave me time to hit the badges and windows with a soft detailing brush.

Looks messy but all cleared up fine after the wash. No staining either.

Car is Quartz Grey so the Green not as bright as if it was on a white car.

Kids loved it





bigup is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigup For This Useful Post:
pt1 (20-06-2021)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors