Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General > Detailing Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Detailing Chat Got a detailing related question that doesn't fit in any other section? Post it in here. Sponsored by CleanYourCar

Old 21-05-2021, 10:09 PM   #11
wrxmania
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,043 Times in 1,235 Posts
Garage
For pressure washers look at Nilfisk first (use the outlet website not the full retail sites). If buying Karcher buy from the outlet too to save cash (as all of mine and 2 of my neighbours have always broken too).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wrxmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2021, 11:51 PM   #12
digitaluk
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxmania View Post
For pressure washers look at Nilfisk first (use the outlet website not the full retail sites). If buying Karcher buy from the outlet too to save cash (as all of mine and 2 of my neighbours have always broken too).

I've had a similar experience with Karcher.. though I've always found there warranty excellent. I've had two new pressure washers through it, with no quibble.

Granted, you could say that the products we're poorly made to break under warranty... however at the same time, I expect most consumers probably don't use their pressure washer on a weekly basis..
digitaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to digitaluk For This Useful Post:
wrxmania (22-05-2021)
Old 22-05-2021, 12:10 AM   #13
Mcpx
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

For simplicity or a tight budget look for multipurpose products, a good shampoo can clean paint and wheels if you stay on top of them and a decent apc like surfex (which is also ridiculously cheap) can clean tyres, engines, interiors and just about anything else.

By the same token you don’t need tfr and snow foam as they both do the same thing to a different degree, washing more often will make things easier, quicker and ultimately probably cheaper too.

The only snag with quick and simple maintenance washes is that you have to have a standard of cleanliness there to begin with in order to maintain it. A full on detail and machine polish/protect probably takes me 2 days and uses loads of stuff, but I only do it about twice a year so the rest of the time is just maintenance.
Mcpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2021, 11:01 AM   #14
Richj
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcpx View Post
For simplicity or a tight budget look for multipurpose products, a good shampoo can clean paint and wheels if you stay on top of them and a decent apc like surfex (which is also ridiculously cheap) can clean tyres, engines, interiors and just about anything else.

By the same token you don’t need tfr and snow foam as they both do the same thing to a different degree, washing more often will make things easier, quicker and ultimately probably cheaper too.

The only snag with quick and simple maintenance washes is that you have to have a standard of cleanliness there to begin with in order to maintain it. A full on detail and machine polish/protect probably takes me 2 days and uses loads of stuff, but I only do it about twice a year so the rest of the time is just maintenance.
What should i look for as an al purpose product?
Richj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2021, 11:04 AM   #15
Richj
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxmania View Post

Which would be the better nilfisk option? Struggl8ng to figure out their numbering system
Old 22-05-2021, 01:53 PM   #16
Richj
Sponge Jockey

Garage
another dumb question. where is the best place to get the stuff from?
I currently get most of my stuff from amz prime, but i'm guessing that is not always the best price?
Old 22-05-2021, 04:25 PM   #17
noorth
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richj View Post
I currently get most of my stuff from amz prime, but i'm guessing that is not always the best price?
In canada the amazon prices are really jacked up compared to the canadian online detailing sites.
noorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2021, 10:06 PM   #18
digitaluk
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richj View Post
Loads of great sponsored traders on this site... Check them out, there's a section for them on here! They're all highly recommended. I tend to order from 'Slims' and 'Clean your car'.. but honestly it varies between where has the items what I want in stock at the time.

Don't forget that a number of traders also have discount codes for members on here.. thread dedicated to the various codes - https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/for...d.php?t=358041
digitaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to digitaluk For This Useful Post:
Richj (23-05-2021)
Old 27-05-2021, 10:35 PM   #19
Richj
Sponge Jockey

Garage
well made the first purchase AVA P55 Go Limited Edition - shame I missed the offers

next up the liquids....
Old 29-05-2021, 09:23 AM   #20
Richj
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Am i better to get products from the same manufacturer, bh?, or mix and match