Detailing World Forum banner

KDS Detailing , This could well be the most work KDS will ever carry out on a car!

76K views 152 replies 125 participants last post by  Buffy McPolish 
#1 ·
Hi Guys

Hope everyone is well and getting ready for the summer season ahead.

Warning,

Have you got the next 30-60 minutes free, if the answer is no then come back when you have.
If you have got the spare time then get ready for a very large comprehensive write up , and I hope you enjoy and pick up a few bits and bobs along the way

So are you ready for the next instalment from Kelly @ KDS?

I guess you must be so now let's go on a journey of Porsche 930 turbo loveliness.

The car is question is owned by the same customer that owns these too

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=191236

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=185631

This time the car was bought on a whim and it's a car that the owner had always said to himself that one day it would be in his collection.
It was bought knowing that it was coming straight to KDS from the sellers residence, after my initial inspection it seem to be that the car would need a lot more work than the paperwork and service history portrayed.
I few phone calls and emails to the customer to let him know the outcome, the reply from the owner was well "now that I have you fixing my cars I don't worry myself anymore about my car collection , in fact my cars sell better once they have had the KDS magic"
So it was then I set together the KDS team to start on this epic job that ended up taking months to complete to our standards.

So here goes on to the before pics ,

So as you can see it's a bit sorry for its self and we have not even got onto the paint condition yet.

Had different coloured bulbs in headlights.

I was given a list of jobs to do on the car which had more than 20 separate items well this had grown a lot by the time I got involved.

End of part one

Kelly

www.kdsdetailing.co.uk

See less See more
#56 ·
Absolutely stunning work. What a beautiful car too.

I would love to have seen what products you used during the different stages, and more of a description of what work you did, for example the interior refurb. How did you do the seats? Was it a thorough clean or re-dyed? I appreciate this would have made more work for you though.

Do you have any photos of the final, final outcome, i.e. with the new exhaust fitted and normal ride height?

Did you keep the Porsche lettering on the callipers black, or use a contrasting colour?

Sorry for all the questions! :thumb:

#57 ·
That is unreal. I'm new to this detailing milark so my views perhaps don't count, but its really unbelievable.. It actually looks better than it did the day it rolled out. You must be very proud of your efforts. It must also hurt knowing its going to get dirty again in a matter of days :). Of course nothign like it was. A grand, grand job.

#68 ·
Simply outstanding, not sure what other word to use to be honest but one of the best write-up's I've seen, and I thought the Ferrari one was amazing!!

That is one of my favourite Porsches of all time so nice to see it looking how it should (and probably better then new)!

#70 ·
Fabulous job a real labour of love whatever the bill was. Your attention to detail (no pun intended) is beyond the realms of what most people would imagine or think possible.

May I ask did you replace all the leather and carpets as it all looks like new?

Secondly. What colour was the Porsche, was it a standard Porsche flake Blue..is there a name or a colour code for it please.?

Outstanding work, fantastic write up and pictures.

Thanks for an interesting read.

Andrew

#72 ·
I love the polished exhaust manifolds and exhaust system you just got landed with :lol:

Having been through this process with an Audi S2 coupe i understand the level of work that process requires for a proper restoration - you make it look so easy and the result are simply stunning

#74 ·
What I could see looks fantastic, but lots of the pictures lower down the first page don't appear for me...just showing a small red cross instead. I've refreshed the page a few times and come back tonight to have another look but still no joy. Any ideas or is it the same for everyone?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.