Detailing World Forum banner

KDS Detailing : Bugatti Veyron Round 2 with a twist

24K views 33 replies 22 participants last post by  20vKarlos 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Here is a recent detail from KDS of a car that was previously over 3 years ago.
The original thread can be viewed here

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=211841

So after a few years of driving and also being used a show car it returned back to KDS for some special loving.

Here are a few photos of the recent visit, which tell the short story , the Video link at the bottom tells the fullish story.

The HD video shows in more detail of the work carried out on this lovely Car.

I did say above "fullish" as if I did actually tell the whole story the video of the Veyron would be hours long.

Edit to add a few photos , text below which are not shown in the video

We dealt with the first correction stage with rotary to remove deep cut lines from wrapping and also to rouch cut the areas what we wet sanded.

Those being the stone chip touch ins

we did discuss with the onwer about repainting the front of the Veyron and then appying clear protection film , the onwer decided to keep the car original improve the appearance of the stone chips as he is a advocate of "patina" on vehicles.

The next part of correction was Large throw DA with microfibre pads.

For the full story of painting and detailing we are still working on the Ferrari Enzo chapters.

Please fire away with any questions,

I been less active on DW of late due to recruitment and even more updates with the KDS group, I am fully aware of this situation and have threads and post to reply to.
Once the updates/expansion of KDS has taken place I will have more time to come back to my favourite forum :)

Regards kelly

See less See more
2 20
#3 · (Edited)
Thanks Alan , more such videos to come in the future.

The answer is no , completely different product thats far better than original C1 or new C1.

The only way to remove is the product is by heavy cut machine or even wet sanding , found not a single chemical that will remove even smeared Crystal Serum while curing let alone fully cured, to give you an idea Gtec's own panel wipe wont remove while curing.
Very inpressive stuff and this time really does need the tag of "Pro use only"

Regards kelly

#28 ·
Fascinating video!
Superb work Kelly, just spent 20mins watching the video and your attention to detail is superb.

Kev
Thanks guys really good to hear that you watched in entirely as we were very concerned it would be too long and not interesting enough, hard thing to judge.

that i one amazing car,great work.get to drive it? :car:
Even if i was asked to drive it i would not, more professional to say no everytime even if your insured to drive, i would never take the risk as its not worth it.
I heard enough story's and read in the press of detailers/valeters/mechanics/painters who have driven customers cars and then crashed them.
More brain dead is when people company's post on social media that they are about to take a customer car out for a drive ;)

I dont wont to be a person or company who was remembered for having fun in a customers car.

of course if i get invited to go in a super car or hyper car as a passenger then completely different matter as demo'ed here :D

Kelly

#11 ·
Another flawless finish from KDS - I very much doubt Bugatti themselves could make it look this good!:thumb:

Very nice video with great editing.

Anyone else find themselves getting closer to the edge of their seat as the Veyron is maneuvered out of the workshop before loading?:doublesho

Welldone KDS Team!:thumb::buffer:

#25 ·
Absolutely incredible work and a great video! The patience displayed in fitting that chrome wrap is something I admire, because I haven't got it! :lol:

It's wonderful to see this car being used, and to let others enjoy such a great spectacle, and I really appreciate the owners desire to show the 'patina' on the car. The pinnacle of engineering, fabulous to see.

Looks incredibly classy in the colour chosen and that chrome wrap finishes it off very nicely.

Thanks for sharing Kelly!

Jon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.