Detailing World Forum banner

KDS Keltec Ferrari F355 GTS Restoration. Plus Question

21K views 37 replies 30 participants last post by  Lowlife 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys, :wave:

I am fully aware been absent from Detailing world for a very long time.
This has not been my intention or wishes.

The Logistics of business and many changes over the last few years has meant each time I gone to start a good old write up thread like the old days I been pulled away from the task.

So to get back into the swing of things I have a genuine question to ask on DW.

My write up I want to post on here is a complete restoration Ferrari F355 GTS.
so, my dilemma.

I have condensed the cloud storage album for this tread to around 3500 photos into 52 sub folders.

Would you rather

1) Read all the text and see al the photos in one long tread

2) Read the text and see the photos in sub threads , ie chassis, engine, wheels, bodywork, glass, leather, carbon, brakes, wet sanding. You get the idea.

3) Edit all the photos into a video style album with narration of the work carried out.

4) If 3 seems to be most popular how long would you want Each video to be in time scale

Slightly off subject what is your general preference for future KDS show cases, video or photos.

So below are a few random selected photos of the complete job to wet your appetite.

when I say "few" it is compared to the entire 3500 photos.

So guys thanks for reading and viewing its always appreciated:thumb:

Please comment below and let me know how you would like to read about the entire process.

Regards Kelly

See less See more
#2 ·
Because of the sheer amount of work that hs gone into it, I would say sub-threads for different parts of the build would be a good idea.
That 355 looks amazing BTW! You should get in touch with Tavarish on YT, as he could definately use some help when it comes to all things 355!

#22 ·

amazing work!
Another vote for one long thread, even if broken into different elements (chassis, engine etc) rather than a true chronological account as I dare say work switched between items during the course of the project.

50% of my viewing of the forum is via works PC, so videos dont work for me due to i'net police :(

#5 ·
Can't wait for this :argie:

For practical reasons I'd say option 2. If I may be greedy it would also be great to see a video with narration of approach, how you overcame challenges etc. although I appreciate that this would probably not be viable due to time.

Good to see you posting on here again :thumb:

#9 ·
Well happy birthday if you didn't see the other thread on here:lol:

I would go with 2 Kelly but also a short video would be good as well:thumb:
Maybe a lot focusing on the sanding side of things.
I remember seeing this in person and it looked amazing :thumb:

Glad to see you back and don't disappear again ;)

#10 ·
Amazing looking project! Congratulations, and great to see you back! You have been missed... :)

I for one would love to see option #2... Several threads focusing on different parts of the build, with the opportunity to enjoy your writing and descriptions of how you went about the different parts of this restoration. Videos would lose too much of what goes into a project like this, I fear.

This forum really can use someone with your experience sharing their thoughts on how they approach a 'halo' sort of project like this, and talking (Even at brief.) about tools and technique along the way. Even if few will ever attempt something at that level, it helps us all to learn, and understand what is possible... Not just the detailing side of things, but various other aspects of the ground-up restoration, as well, if you're kind enough to share with us the time it takes to create such excellent posts. Every piece of a project like this is fascinating. :thumb:

Great to see you back, and good to know that your business is doing well. :thumb:

- Steampunk

#14 ·
Wow Kelly, You've come back with a bang and how! Love the thread!

Hi Guys,

Would you rather

2) Read the text and see the photos in sub threads , ie chassis, engine, wheels, bodywork, glass, leather, carbon, brakes, wet sanding. You get the idea.

3) Edit all the photos into a video style album with narration of the work carried out.

4) If 3 seems to be most popular how long would you want Each video to be in time scale
Either 1 or 2 will be fine with me, I'm gravitating slightly towards 2.

As far as a video is concerned, a 2-3 minute video of the end as a walk around would suffice. There are too many people making videos of restoration process and a lot of times, it is difficult to convey nuances when speaking over a video that can be elaborated better with text and pictures.

Waiting to see more content from you!

#28 ·
Put them in sub threads, but link each thread to this one so we don't have to jump all over the forum to find them (threads go up and down based on comments).

I have no words for the teasers you've put up, because they'd all look like this **********

I assume this is you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.