Detailing World Forum banner

Products that are worth every penny...

7K views 37 replies 32 participants last post by  AndyN01 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

What products/tools do you feel are 100% worth the price you paid for them?

What would buy over and over?

For me:

1. AF crystal glass cleaner - I love it teamed with a TRC waffle towel

2. Grit guard washboard - Awesome bit of kit for 2BM

3. Detail factory brushes - Lovely and soft and durable!

Let me know your thoughts!

#10 ·
1) Wheel Woolies...they are so efficient at cleaning the wheels that Mrs.Griffy has taken to asking if I want her to clean them without ANY prompting from me first :doublesho

2) P&S Beadmaker...I use it after drying the car and the shine it gives is absolutely outstanding...best bang for your buck ever :argie::thumb:

3) Chemical Guy’s Eco Wash...for those times when the car has only a thin layer of dust on it that you can’t ignor, but you can’t be ar*ed to get out the pressure washer along with all the associated gear :detailer:

The more I think about it the more I might add to the above :wave:

Andy

#16 ·
There are lots.. I even manage to justify spending £45 for 200ml of Cosmic Spritz - anyone who has used it will agree why.

That said, the BEST value for money ones are;

Wheel Woolies (will likely last forever)
Power Maxed TFR
Sonax BSD
£39 eBay Pet Dryer and £10 Henry Hoover hose extension
Car Pro Perl due to it's multiple uses and ability to dilute
Car Chem Super Suds shampoo - as economical and effective as shampoo gets
BH Surfex HD again due to multiple uses and ability to dilute

#22 ·
Kranzle PW's.

Flex cordless dryer.

Rupes tools.

KC FSE QD.

Scangrip lighting kit.

KC Ps. (Plas&Rub)

KC Vb. Pre-cleaner.

KC Nms shampoo.

Swisvax M. Hand polishing.

Gtech C-5.

Eagle edgeless MF's.

Gtech MF4 drying towel. (Pat dry)

Favourite products to date waiting to be bettered (personally) :thumb:

#24 ·
Some have already been mentioned but are so good I have to repeat them.

Bilt-Hamber Surfex HD, a multitude of uses and 5 litres will last for years if you use it efficiently.

Bilt-Hamber Autowash, sixty washes for less than ten pounds and a really good shampoo.

Bilt-Hamber Auto clay, so easy to use and water for lube, amazing value for money !

Autoglym SRP, still a really good product, gives a good finish and offers great value.

GTechniq G5, a bottle lasts for ages and it is a really good product that gives amazing water repellency for about 3 months.

Autosmart Tardis, I think I paid fifteen pounds for five litres and it works really well and lasts for ages.

#25 ·
1. Microfiber Madness towels.
2. Scholl Concepts Pads
3. Bilt-Hamber Clay.
4. Optimum No-Rinse & Opti-Clean.
5. P21S/R222 Total Auto Wash.

These are products that after much testing, there is simply no equivalent to in terms of quality. I'd be truly screwed without them. I don't care what they cost; they make detailing possible for me... That's a true measure of a great product. The ones without viable alternative...

I lost the 6th item on that list this past year... Optimum Polish II. It was a huge blow to my correction scheme. It had a massively negative impact on how I work. I've lost other favorite products before (Like BMD Miura), but nothing as critical as this.

Lists like this are dangerous... Relying on anything that much to enjoy what you do. If you detail long enough, this is inevitable. To everyone in this thread; enjoy, purchase, and don't take for granted what you like to use. It might not last forever... :(

- Steampunk

#30 ·
1. Microfiber Madness towels.
2. Scholl Concepts Pads
3. Bilt-Hamber Clay.
4. Optimum No-Rinse & Opti-Clean.
5. P21S/R222 Total Auto Wash.

These are products that after much testing, there is simply no equivalent to in terms of quality. I'd be truly screwed without them. I don't care what they cost; they make detailing possible for me... That's a true measure of a great product. The ones without viable alternative...

I lost the 6th item on that list this past year... Optimum Polish II. It was a huge blow to my correction scheme. It had a massively negative impact on how I work. I've lost other favorite products before (Like BMD Miura), but nothing as critical as this.

Lists like this are dangerous... Relying on anything that much to enjoy what you do. If you detail long enough, this is inevitable. To everyone in this thread; enjoy, purchase, and don't take for granted what you like to use. It might not last forever... :(

- Steampunk
Do I take it the new range of 'spray' compounds from Optmum are inferior ? Quick scan seems to indicate they are still Non Diminishing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.