Detailing World Forum banner

Triple QX Fall out remover.

9K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Peter_222 
#1 ·
Hi,

I was on the Euro Car Parts site earlier this week and on a whim bought some of their QX Fall Out remover. I've never used a fall out remover so need to ask, do I put it on a wet surface or a dry surface? I plan to put it into a handheld sprayer bottle for application.
Also is the Triple QX stuff any good? I realise it's a late ask this having already purchased (but not yet received product)...

Cheers,
D.

#7 ·
If you've never used a fallout remover before you will think it works great. I've used it on a well maintained car and got minimal bleeding. Rinsed dried then used one of the top performers and it turned purple all over.

It lacks the expensive chemical that reacts, if you don't mind doing a few hits it will work. I know we like to watch the pennies but I'd rather pay more knowing I'm using a superior product.

#8 · (Edited)
If you've never used a fallout remover before you will think it works great. I've used it on a well maintained car and got minimal bleeding. Rinsed dried then used one of the top performers and it turned purple all over.

It lacks the expensive chemical that reacts, if you don't mind doing a few hits it will work. I know we like to watch the pennies but I'd rather pay more knowing I'm using a superior product.
The active ingredients (the thioglycolates) in bleeding fallout removers is not cheap. Therefore you will generally find that the cheaper versions tend to have less of the active ingredient. This can often be demonstrated by using a cheap product and then following up with a product like korrosol or iron x to see how much fallout was not removed.

Premium products often only require one hit. Also often better to wash the wheel first before using fallout remover. Then the active chemical is working on the embedded fallout, rather than that simply sat on the surface with the other dirt. People often go wow when they apply fallout remover on a dirty dry wheel. All they are doing is wasting active ingredient on brake dust that could be rinsed off.

#14 ·
I ordered some too but from car parts for less (same company as Euro car parts) but their prices are cheaper. They then had a 17% off code on top. 2.5l for less than 7 quid might as well give it a go! I've used auto finesse iron out previously. The qx stuff came this week but they sent tyre shine instead (albeit it had a fallout remover sticker the back) which is pretty crap. However they're sending the fallout remover out this week so I've clocked the tyre shine for free even if it is crap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Fallout ingredients. Citric acid helps precipitation of iron by ammonia by forming a complex with it. - Ammonia + Citric Acid + Thioglycolic Acid + Iron reacts to form ferric thioglycolate, which is red/purple in colour (Hence the 'bleeding' effect.).
The theory behind thioglycolate and acid based fallout removers is that they dont have to disolve all of the iron to be effective. The aim is to remove iron particles embedded in the clearcoat and it can do this by disolving some of the iron making the particle smaller and therefore the iron particle is no longer "wedged" into the clearcoat. A pressure washer can then dislodge the iron particle.

Spraying this stuff onto dry wheels , while impressive , is a massive waste of the product's capabilities. Use standard shampoo or wheel cleaner (cheap as chips) and then use the fallout remover to remove the stubborn iron particles embedded in the wheel.

#19 ·
You do realise that bleeding doesn't necessarily mean performance right?

Having said that, I would assume you need to leave the Triple QX on there for longer than other brands to see benefit

More often than not, people spray this on, wait 30 seconds to 1 minute and remove straight away. Let it sit for 5 minutes.

#20 · (Edited)
I did the original test of this in a link above. It works but does not bleed a lot.

In my opinion the correct way to use it and any fr is on cleaned dry wheels.

That way it goes straight to work and does not have dirt or water acting as a barrier or dilutant.

This was given a clean, dried and sprayed with the product in question.

It is not my first choice but it does clearly offer something.

Edit, the early test.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=386436

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.