Detailing World Forum banner

Top Gear Back 25th Feb 2018

21K views 130 replies 57 participants last post by  bidderman1969 
#1 ·
Ok I'm looking forward to the new topg ear series due out BBc2 Sunday 25th, are you going to be watching?

#6 ·
Looking forward to the new series of TG, the three main presenters now have a bit of rapport going on and it is getting better all the time, not as good as the best of the old team, but getting there. AND I am watching the Grand Tour, and enjoying it as well, especially as it seems to be more and more like old TG with every episode. So two shows for the price of one! (same will happen with Wheeler Dealers, once Ed China gets his finger out and starts a new show!)

#18 ·
I'll watch the new TG series but not too keen on the three presenters to be honest, I think they just try too hard and it just doesn't gel, the Top Gear brand is not the same without Clarkson, Hammond and May at the helm. Don't get me wrong some might say that Clarkson thought he was bigger than the show and even as a fan I think he did cross the line, I'm sure we all want to stick one on our bosses (/ producer, you get the picture) at times but it's just not the done thing.

I don't think the recent Grand Tour series was all that great to be honest, there were good bits, personally the F-Off segment doesn't really fit, but I'll continue watching just because of the presenters.

#20 ·
I completely disagree with this. I'm glad that those 3 went. It was needed, the show was staid and repetitive. It's taken a while but the new TG is getting better and better. The GT - well I gave it 2 or 3 episodes and gave up. Not only was the show itself poor, but Clarkson, Hammond and May were really starting to grind and I simply couldn't tolerate them any more. So I'm glad too that Hammond and May left when Clarkson did and didn't hang around. I reckon too that Amazon are losing a fortune with GT and the BBC simply do these things better than anyone else. Top Gear all the way for me and long may it continue. The Grand Tour, well it wouldn't bother me if it was never shown again.

#21 ·
Reading the threads everywhere it amazes me the divide there is where people think they can only watch one and instantly hate the other.

The last series of Top Gear was very good. I've no doubt this will be very good too. The BBC put on a good show when they make the effort. Clarkson, Hammond and May badly miss the guidance of the BBC.

It would be interesting to see what the BBC could do with the Grand Tour budget.

#22 ·
I went to the recording today, I have to say that when the cameras weren’t running the guys got in well and did muck about a bit. What we saw today will be the last episode of the series and it was really good, even when you had to watch the same things 3-4 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.