Detailing World Forum banner

What detailing did you do today??

2M views 9K replies 1K participants last post by  Jakub 
#1 ·
Not sure if this thread will take off... But as the title asks, what detailing did you do today??

I'll be giving the car a hoover later, and cleaning the inside of the glass.

What about the rest of you?

#45 ·
#JUBES!

I think I'll give it a good 'ole wash today, and maybe re-seal the bonnet to get the streak marks off where I've put too much C1.5 on...:newbie:
Unfortunately my order from Gtech hasn't arrived, so no T1 or G1 until next weekend! :(

I'm also feeling buying a snow-foam lance... but maybe it'll wait 'til Christmas with the price of them :lol::doublesho

#46 ·
So I gave the car a bit of TLC...Well before it started to rain anyway!

I couldn't help but take a photo or 12 of the beading on my alloys.
They were sealed exactly a month ago with Planet Polish Wheel Seal & Shine, and they still look this good after just being jetwashed...

:thumb:

#51 ·
Just done the mrs's Clio, she wanted rid of it cos she hates it, but it's not an option to get rid so I thought I'd do my best to Make her like it, and after all my efforts, she really happy!

Wet vacuumed the interior, cleaned up the dash and dressed with vrp.

De contaminated the whole car of tar, iron fallout and anything else the clay could pick up.

I then used dodo juice need for speed to clean the paint up and add a little protection. Good stuff tbh! I used a white hex logic pad on the da.

Dressed the trim with af revive which is amazing stuff

Ended up like this :)

#58 ·
Was pushed for time, so i worked on my alloys;

Washed with bilberry and vikan/ez detail brushes etc, clayed, 2 coats of colli 845 and some finishkare #108AS 'top kote' tire dressing. All relatively new products to me, extremely impressed!

I did find out that:
A) the alloys look to have been refurbished/resprayed
B) the mechanic who did my MOT last month had damaged the core of the centre cap that covers the wheel nuts :( passed first time with 1 advisory so i can't complain i suppose.

#59 ·
Hoping to go to auto italia stanford hall tomorow so me and my mate did a clean up of the cars today.He pinched somebodys snow foam lance and tried it for the 1st time.

My mate liked it and is going to buy one.

I loved seeing the car covered in the snow foam but i dont see it as essential.

#60 ·
washed
decontaminated
quick polish over the rest
blackhole
Swissvax CF
Waxed with Z volvo
waited because the weather was ****e
tyres with rd50
c3'ed wheels again
side glass with c2
zorst with NXT
wolfs clear bra for the front end.

went for v power diesel @ 145.9 and saw some ferrari owner forget his wallet to pay for fuel :lol: