Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Motoring Zone > The Biker Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19-08-2019, 09:34 PM   #21
markcaughey
Orbital Oracle

Another little update with some recent work done on the bike

Getting ready for autumn/winter coming up I ordered some Oxford heated grips also the bike was due a service so decided to just do it myself as the bike is now out of warranty.

The oil still looked very clean, the bike had only done 2,500 miles since its last service.

New tank pad fitted after removal of old one which was failing to stick around the edges.

Next was the heated grips, I took my time fitting these as wanted as clean and tidy an install as possible. Pretty happy with the end result, the MT10 has plenty space for hiding the wires and connectors. I removed the tank side panels which was an ideal place to run the cable to the battery.

Whilst I had the bike stripped down decided to tidy up the mesh on the side panels, they had been battered with flies and no matter how much I cleaned them looked a bit naff

I don't have any before photos of how these looked but believe me they are now looking a whole lot better

Im on the look out for some hand guards and that will be the bike set for some colder runs as we head into the Winter, hopefully we get some nice sunny dry days through September/October, we haven't had much of a Summer up here in Scotland
markcaughey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to markcaughey For This Useful Post:
DLGWRX02 (19-08-2019), Jue (25-08-2019), MSwiss (23-08-2019)
Old 27-09-2019, 03:55 PM   #22
markcaughey
Orbital Oracle

Finally found a genuine Yamaha Touring Screen on eBay for a reasonable price, much better quality and I personally prefer the look over the Ermax screen Now just need to find a pair of Yamaha hand guards to complete the touring look

I also had the tyres replaced with some Michelin Road 5s so should be good for some autumn / winter runs ! Got around 200 miles on them so far with a run to Inverary with a few mates

I was struggling to figure out how to remove the mesh between the headlights but it was really annoying me especially with the side vent mesh looking so good after painting, so just masked it up so the bike is now looking a lot tidier !

Also some of use may have noticed I have replaced the Slipscreen headlight protectors with clear ones, when on a later at night ride out I noticed how dramatically they reduced the headlight beam !

However the good thing with how they are fitted they are very easily interchangeable as I do still love the stealthy look of the dark lenses

Also please excuse the state of the garage I'm awaiting an uplift so all the junk has been plied there until its lifted !
markcaughey is offline   Reply With Quote