Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > Garage/Product Collections
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Garage/Product Collections Post your Garage or Product Collection pics here....

Old 07-04-2019, 12:45 PM   #31
jdquinn
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Update:

Things havenít progressed as well as I would have liked do to cold after flu after cold hit our house. A pretty miserable March.

But Iím back on it and have completed 3 coats of the cheapest Homebase paint available (30 litres) which must have taken 20hrs to do. There just was no coverage from it. A horrible job that really made a huge difference to the brightness of the area. Well worth the effort.

Iíve also installed the basic required electrics such as the roller door power, sockets and one set of lights.

It feels like Iím nearing the end now the garage is usable. The plasterer is due this week to plaster the exterior so I need to get the external lighting points drilled through and then progress with finishing the internal lighting, exterior lighting and power. Then I need to get the drains installed, outside water tap installed and have the guttering finished. Then itís the internal toilet room which shouldnít take too much to put in.

Unfortunately at that point I will have run out of money to complete the external concrete which will have to wait a few months. I also need to sort some storage and work benches which Iíll prioritise over the concrete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jdquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jdquinn For This Useful Post:
Ben. (07-04-2019), boost monster (07-04-2019), johny555ive (07-04-2019), Jue (27-07-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 06:43 PM   #32
AudiPhil
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdquinn View Post
Update:

Things havenít progressed as well as I would have liked do to cold after flu after cold hit our house. A pretty miserable March.

But Iím back on it and have completed 3 coats of the cheapest Homebase paint available (30 litres) which must have taken 20hrs to do. There just was no coverage from it. A horrible job that really made a huge difference to the brightness of the area. Well worth the effort.

Iíve also installed the basic required electrics such as the roller door power, sockets and one set of lights.

It feels like Iím nearing the end now the garage is usable. The plasterer is due this week to plaster the exterior so I need to get the external lighting points drilled through and then progress with finishing the internal lighting, exterior lighting and power. Then I need to get the drains installed, outside water tap installed and have the guttering finished. Then itís the internal toilet room which shouldnít take too much to put in.

Unfortunately at that point I will have run out of money to complete the external concrete which will have to wait a few months. I also need to sort some storage and work benches which Iíll prioritise over the concrete.

Oh wow! That's really quite special! Very nice.
AudiPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AudiPhil For This Useful Post:
jdquinn (07-04-2019)
Old 11-04-2019, 11:38 PM   #33
22rosco22
Unwashed Member

Garage
i am actually so jealous this is unreal!!
22rosco22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 22rosco22 For This Useful Post:
jdquinn (12-04-2019)
Old 13-04-2019, 05:31 PM   #34
jdquinn
Washmitt Meister

Garage
And this happened this week!:

I couldnít be happier with this tbh.
I just need to order the trim to cover the red metal girders and fit the exterior lighting and the outside of the building will be complete for now.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jdquinn For This Useful Post:
Jack R (13-04-2019), Jue (27-07-2019), noidea0 (16-04-2019)
Old 01-05-2019, 03:06 PM   #35
markyboy1510
Unwashed Member

So how's it looking this month?
markyboy1510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:42 PM   #36
jdquinn
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by markyboy1510 View Post
So how's it looking this month?

Hi, the only difference is the downpipes are in. I inadvertently spent the money for the covers on some much needed garage tools. A lot of my time has been taken up with working in the garden after being neglected all winter, preparing míbike for MOT, changing clutch and serving bike, servicing my car and sorting a major fault with the swirl flap actuator (pain in the **** type of job), making use of the decent weather to get hours clocked up on my bike and to top it all off some much needed family time with wifey and kids.

Now most of thatís out of the way I need to knuckle down, stop spending and start saving for the next stages.

It feels so good to finally have my own space to work at projects etc. I have quite a few projects up my sleeve non car related to work on over the next few years.

Old 05-05-2019, 10:27 AM   #37
Nick-ST
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

That looks pukka!
Nick-ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:34 AM   #38
beatty599
PC Perfectionist

Are you going to put ceiling joists in to give yourself a second floor? Would be great to give yourself a lot of room for any non-car projects, or even a dedicated motorbike only area.
beatty599 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to beatty599 For This Useful Post:
jdquinn (07-05-2019)
Old 07-05-2019, 06:42 PM   #39
jdquinn
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatty599 View Post
Are you going to put ceiling joists in to give yourself a second floor? Would be great to give yourself a lot of room for any non-car projects, or even a dedicated motorbike only area.

Yes, eventually. Iím not in a hurry to do this although the plan is for a storage type area for house related stuff and possibly garage stuff too. Kids move from downstairs to upstairs in a few years so will have to have it sorted by then as their rooms are effectively storage/junk rooms and my current hobby space for rc planes & helicopters etc.

This isnít really the place but if anyoneís interested one of my projects is to build an r/c 1/4 scale Waco YMF5 bi-wing plane that has a 2.3m wingspan and a 45cc 2 stroke petrol engine and 22Ē propellor. I may do a build thread at some point.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdquinn For This Useful Post:
Jack R (07-05-2019), johny555ive (08-05-2019)
Old 17-07-2019, 09:01 PM   #40
jdquinn
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Ok, nothing much to update this except that the electrics are now 100% complete with inside lighting, outside lighting, store lighting, internal & external 13A sockets. I have to say the led lights both internal and external are a real step on from the old fluorescents batten and 2D fittings. The light output and quality is absolutely superb. With the amount of lighting in the garage now I can only describe it as a surgical theatre. Shadows are pretty much none existent.

My next project is a proper work bench which Iíve started today. 15ft long, 2ft 6í deep about 3ft high with storage cupboards and shelving underneath.

Keep checking back here for pictures and progress over the next incoming days.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdquinn For This Useful Post:
johny555ive (17-07-2019), Trix (18-07-2019)