Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General > Detailing Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Detailing Chat Got a detailing related question that doesn't fit in any other section? Post it in here. Sponsored by CleanYourCar

Old 18-07-2019, 09:28 PM   #11
andy__d
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstony View Post
You are spot on Andy....... its totally irrelevant and something a sales researcher would do with no regard to any other aspect.
Personally I have none of those on the list, as it happens.
Which is just as irrelevant
but but but i thought we all had to have a bottle of srp somewhere

-------------
OP
my point is,
what works for X is great
you dont have the same car as X
the same hard/soft water as X
you may wash your car more often or not as often as X
X may have bought "that product" based on hype , found it to be "not what they want/no use to them" ,and the chances of them Saying "oh thats pants" are,, zero

your Not X

there is No "WOT AM BEST" product,, there IS which product suits you best
two Totally different things,
andy__d is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andy__d For This Useful Post:
AndyN01 (19-07-2019), Itstony (20-07-2019), RandomlySet (19-07-2019)
Old 19-07-2019, 12:26 AM   #12
RichB
Sponge Jockey

All,

Thanks for your replies. I completely get everyone’s requirement is very specific so it is not one size fits all, but you have to start somewhere, so this process seemed to make sense to me. Hopefully it will serve a purpose for others too.

What is everybody's thoughts on using several different brands rather than just 1 “system”?
RichB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 10:10 AM   #13
Fatboy40
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
What is everybody's thoughts on using several different brands rather than just 1 “system”?
I'm a tart and have no brand loyalty whatsoever, with detailing and with suppliers at work (at work I get aggravated by those who fall for the patter and bulls**t, happens all the time in IT).

I'll use the best product, at the best price at the right time.
Fatboy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fatboy40 For This Useful Post:
andy__d (20-07-2019), Itstony (20-07-2019)
Old 20-07-2019, 09:24 AM   #14
BertyTHeGreat
Sponge Jockey

certainly not a bad place to start! all those products are good and ive used around 90% of what you've listed, if you want products that work then thats a good starting point to avoid buying rubbish. but id take that list as a guide more than a "bible" as i tend to buy different products every time i run out (or sometimes when i havent ) as i like to try new products and you find whats best for you.

for example, ive used around 6-7 shampoos, still havent found one i really like yet, so ill pick another 2-3 up at waxstock to last me till next year.
BertyTHeGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BertyTHeGreat For This Useful Post:
Itstony (20-07-2019)
Old 20-07-2019, 10:04 AM   #15
Itstony
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy__d View Post
X may have bought "that product" based on hype , found it to be "not what they want/no use to them" ,and the chances of them Saying "oh thats pants" are,, zero
I like that line Andy.
I will admit I detest seeing a post "Whats the best drying towel" every other week, or so it seems, as one example of a couple. That one just winds me right up
What follows is "I use", not I have tried x-amount and so far at the top of my is "This one".
Like you explained better than I, too many variants and too complex a topic.

Fatboty and Bertie chipped in well also.
Itstony is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Itstony For This Useful Post:
andy__d (20-07-2019), Fatboy40 (20-07-2019)
Old 20-07-2019, 01:30 PM   #16
andy__d
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Recommendations are fine, as long as they are based as you say on having used X number of That item to give a fair and balanced recommendation.
i use a few things from a few brands, some i like and will buy again some i Wont buy again as I don't like them.

Part of the Skill set needed to Properly Detail a car is the ability to Learn.
How best for You to achieve the results You want, using products that suit Your way of working and expectations.

"i did x sets and its not working/worked" winds me up as does the "x stage polish" bs.
you correct the paintwork , then you refine it and add gloss, its Corrected When it is Corrected ,you May need to use a Few variations of compound And pad type along with different speed/pressure settings, not after an arbitrary number of rubbing a pad over the paint, and the refinement stage is done when its done, ie, no marring left from the correction AND sufficient gloss added to suit You, not "3stage" as seen Far too many times "rub it 3 times while saying Detailed and the genie pops out the bottle" is BS.
andy__d is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andy__d For This Useful Post:
BertyTHeGreat (20-07-2019), Itstony (20-07-2019)
Old 20-07-2019, 05:19 PM   #17
BertyTHeGreat
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy__d View Post
Recommendations are fine, as long as they are based as you say on having used X number of That item to give a fair and balanced recommendation.
i use a few things from a few brands, some i like and will buy again some i Wont buy again as I don't like them.

Part of the Skill set needed to Properly Detail a car is the ability to Learn.
How best for You to achieve the results You want, using products that suit Your way of working and expectations.

"i did x sets and its not working/worked" winds me up as does the "x stage polish" bs.
you correct the paintwork , then you refine it and add gloss, its Corrected When it is Corrected ,you May need to use a Few variations of compound And pad type along with different speed/pressure settings, not after an arbitrary number of rubbing a pad over the paint, and the refinement stage is done when its done, ie, no marring left from the correction AND sufficient gloss added to suit You, not "3stage" as seen Far too many times "rub it 3 times while saying Detailed and the genie pops out the bottle" is BS.
the accuracy of this is unreal, couldn't have said it better myself
BertyTHeGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BertyTHeGreat For This Useful Post:
andy__d (20-07-2019)
Old 20-07-2019, 09:59 PM   #18
Fatboy40
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertyTHeGreat View Post
... for example, ive used around 6-7 shampoos, still havent found one i really like yet...
Here's a odd one for you, the current shampoo I use is good but not the most lubricious, not the best cleaning, and not the best value but I absolutely love the smell of it all the time I'm using it (and the smell triggers some childhood memories).

The "best" product isn't always what we'd assume it to be
Fatboy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fatboy40 For This Useful Post:
andy__d (20-07-2019)