Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Pre-wash stages, Washing, Drying, Clay & 'Quick Detailing'
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pre-wash stages, Washing, Drying, Clay & 'Quick Detailing' Sponsored by Ultimate Finish. The UK’s leading supplier of high-quality car care and car detailing products. Based at Brands Hatch motor racing circuit, we also offer one, three or five-day detailing training courses and award-winning detailing services. Aqua Gleam | Auto Finesse | Bigboi | Bilt-Hamber | Chemical Guys | Dodo Juice | Flex | Gtechniq | Herrenfahrt | Kamikaze | Kranzle | Meguiars | Rupes | SANSOM | Specialised Covers | Swisswax | Trade Account | www.theultimatefinish.co.uk | sales@theultimatefinish.co.uk | 01474 360 360

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2019, 09:24 PM   #41
Boothy
Orbital Oracle
 
Boothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wakefield, United Kingdom
Posts: 510
Thanks: 229
Thanked 162 Times in 109 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochen View Post
I still have about half a bottle of BSD left, I might give it another go then
I will put it in a different spray bottle as the spray head on the Sonax isn't that great...
You may find it still sprays poorly even with another head. I think I tried four different ones before I found one capable of misting it. Everything else just did the same as the Sonax bottle. It must be down to the viscosity or something.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Boothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:08 PM   #42
westerman
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
westerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Lincolnshire
Posts: 1,171
Thanks: 472
Thanked 461 Times in 266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joao S View Post
Did you notice improvement in gloss?
Having no means of measuring gloss it's hard to say, Colly 476 has a lovely finish, it's gone a little out of fashion but still one of the best all rounders for me.
BSD certainly doesn't appear to take anything away from that lovely finish imo.


Harry
westerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 01:25 PM   #43
wyliss
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
wyliss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 1,048
Thanks: 216
Thanked 95 Times in 75 Posts
Garage
Meguiars Last Touch.
Not once has anybody mentioned this and its superb value at £29.99 for an American gallon.
You can dilute it too to make clay lube.
Superb stuff!
wyliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 01:41 PM   #44
Autoglym
Autoglym HQ
 
Autoglym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,272
Thanks: 1,269
Thanked 1,857 Times in 963 Posts
5L Express Wax or 5L Coat-It?
__________________


Winner Detailing World Polish of The Year 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Autoglym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:04 PM   #45
Jochen
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Jochen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,333
Thanks: 235
Thanked 277 Times in 217 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyliss View Post
Meguiars Last Touch.
Not once has anybody mentioned this and its superb value at £29.99 for an American gallon.
You can dilute it too to make clay lube.
Superb stuff!
I have used gallons of that stuff and I love it. Maybe I should keep using it and just top up my protection with a spray wax or sealant now and again...

I'm also gonna give BSD another go though

Thanks for all your answers guys!
Jochen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 10:40 PM   #46
AD18
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 24
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
I have BSD, but if I am after something that's really slick and glossy what would people recommend (good value would be good too)? Not beadmaker as its a bit of a pain to get hold of over here.

Looking at forensics detailing channel, he likes Done and Dusted, FK425 (which is what I was going to try as price is better than most at £16/L), Infinity Wax Rapid Detailer and from a quick search here Serious Performance Ultra Gloss Show Detailer also gets good feedback but know nothing about it.

Last edited by AD18; 17-07-2019 at 10:54 PM.
AD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2019, 11:53 PM   #47
Brian1612
Distinguished Detailer
 
Brian1612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 5,502
Thanks: 2,502
Thanked 3,849 Times in 2,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD18 View Post
I have BSD, but if I am after something that's really slick and glossy what would people recommend (good value would be good too)? Not beadmaker as its a bit of a pain to get hold of over here.

Looking at forensics detailing channel, he likes Done and Dusted, FK425 (which is what I was going to try as price is better than most at £16/L), Infinity Wax Rapid Detailer and from a quick search here Serious Performance Ultra Gloss Show Detailer also gets good feedback but know nothing about it.
FK425, Wowo's QD, Rapid Detailer, Lucas Oil Slick Mist, Autoglanz Smooth Velvet... All excellent QDs and easy to use.
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 09:48 PM   #48
AD18
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 24
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1612 View Post
FK425, Wowo's QD, Rapid Detailer, Lucas Oil Slick Mist, Autoglanz Smooth Velvet... All excellent QDs and easy to use.
Thanks Brian! I'll probably give FK425 a go as it comes in a Litre. Can I expect it to give a finish as slick as beadmaker (assuming I've prepped the car properly)? Or is beadmaker not classed as a QD and has something different in it which causes the slickness thats always raved about?

Cheers
AD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 11:28 PM   #49
Brian1612
Distinguished Detailer
 
Brian1612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 5,502
Thanks: 2,502
Thanked 3,849 Times in 2,499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD18 View Post
Thanks Brian! I'll probably give FK425 a go as it comes in a Litre. Can I expect it to give a finish as slick as beadmaker (assuming I've prepped the car properly)? Or is beadmaker not classed as a QD and has something different in it which causes the slickness thats always raved about?



Cheers
I haven't used beadmaker but it does appear to be more of a gloss booster/qd as opposed to sealant. Fk425 leaves what I would call a really slick finish, also provides anti stactic properties which prevents dust resting on the paintwork as much.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2019, 03:25 PM   #50
AD18
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 24
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1612 View Post
I haven't used beadmaker but it does appear to be more of a gloss booster/qd as opposed to sealant. Fk425 leaves what I would call a really slick finish, also provides anti stactic properties which prevents dust resting on the paintwork as much.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Sounds good to me, I'll try it out. I'm always seeing lots of dust etc. on my black car soon after washing it.
AD18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors