Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Traders > Chemical Guys UK > Customer Feedback
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 19-04-2014, 05:22 PM   #31
cheekymonkey
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,389 Times in 1,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwagon View Post
I have dealt with CG for a number of years and find David a top bloke
On my intial order which was a few hundred rather then order online I rang The old fashioned way as I'm old school Buisness and discussed things and he actually recomended some cheaper products
That's honesty for you
Since then I use him as my exclusive supplier
david hit it on the nail with 1500 orders going out a month
1 or 2 complaints is a very small percentage in that

That's the trouble with forums now too much public complaining instead of the old fashioned way
Pick up the phone and communicate
Its easy job gets done
And I've sold over £15 million of product in my lifetime so let's look at the positives in life
so do other suppliers but you dont see them being moaned about for bad service etc, think thats a poor excuse
cheekymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2014, 05:27 PM   #32
kordun
PC Perfectionist

they've been voted worst company in UK to deal with. useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneslatcher93 View Post
As the title says,

In all fairness, I love Chemical Guys products and obviously they are made over in america, but I just find the uk service terrible..

I have my own business and wanted to learn more about certain parts of the job so I could feel more comfortable in all area's i covered. So i looked for a course to go on, and end of last year i found out about the two day course with CG and thought that was the one for me, after numerous emails I booked the course at the price of £200, which I didn't mind as I new I was going to learn a lot with them being ' Chemical Guys, World leader in car care ' so i booked the flight up to the HQ, and had a great couple of days, learnt a lot and they were really happy with my work, and said if I could make a banner with my ' business name and logo etc on ) they could put it on there approved detailer list on there website, something which can give my clients more confidence in my work being approved. I ordered about £100 worth of products to use and they shipped them that day but said they didn't have any stickers for me to put on the van but will ship some to me the following Tuesday when they get delivered.. but that never happened, and I've sent numerous emails and no reply, apart from one about start of jan saying they have just got back off holiday and will sort it.. and no reply regarding about an issue with their MF PADS.

I know it may sound like a lot of fuss to complain but all in all it cost me nearly £500 for the two days up there and I would have just liked to have their logo on my van so people know, and to have that confidence behind me with my work.

I've heard a lot of complaint's about them, so will only use other companies now as I am a bit disappointed!

Thanks.
kordun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2014, 05:28 PM   #33
suspal
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,086 Times in 3,303 Posts
Not from my experience and where did this vote take place ?
suspal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suspal For This Useful Post:
cheekymonkey (19-04-2014), chewy_ (19-04-2014), greenwagon (08-05-2014)
Old 19-04-2014, 08:59 PM   #34
tcc
Sponge Jockey

I also agree with the majority, useless service and Royal Mail get the blame for everything. Old fashioned sorting it out before you put it on a Forum is fine if the company in question would answer emails & phone calls to sort it out. Forums are all about advice & if the majority on here has had bad service, then the rest should know. I certainly wouldn't use them again.
tcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2016, 11:02 AM   #35
Jam*
Washmitt Meister

Hi Guys

I've always liked a clean well presented car but not to the extent of detailing so totally new to all the detailing but after selling my Range Rover Sport and buying a MK7 Golf R i thought it was time to start from Scratch "punt intended"

So after some light research i stumbled across CG and thought i would give their products a try, so made an order on Sunday of 11 line items and received them all yesterday. just found out i live kinda local +/- 5 miles but you cant complain about that sort of service.

Working for a large Oil company i fully agree with the above post always pick up the phone and get a one on one, emails are good for traceability but you cant beat a one on one conversation.

Dave thanks again i will be back in the UK and in that area around 3 weeks on my way to chat about APR stage 1 & 2 mapping so will swing by in person and put a face to the name.

Cheers
Jam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2016, 11:07 AM   #36
Kimo
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,706 Times in 3,374 Posts
Funny really, 2 year old thread and still get weekly complaints on here

Guess you have to be lucky like you to get good service
Kimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 11:02 AM   #37
ah234
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

I have only ordered once from chemical guys, because I only wanted one product- and it came within a couple of days.
Understandably people complain but if they are pushing out 1500 orders and there are 5 complaints a month that only 0.33%, not to mention Royal Mail issues. Contact wise could be improved I guess, but there are always most complaints than happy customers posted up
ah234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 01:24 PM   #38
Scomar44
Sponge Jockey

I have nothing but praise for Dave @ CGUK. Did the detailing course and ordered equipment and never had a bother. I once had to get some orders at short notice and Dave came down on a Sunday and opened up for me. Didn't have to do this but he went that extra mile to help out. Definitely agree that a phone call would resolve any issues quicker than an email. No grumbling from me!
Scomar44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 03:26 PM   #39
Ads_ClioV6
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,752 Times in 1,386 Posts
Garage
Just ring or text him,had 1 item that was out of stock so David kindly sent higher cost replacement .People are too scared to phone these days
Ads_ClioV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ads_ClioV6 For This Useful Post:
Welshquattro1 (28-04-2016)