Detailing World Forum banner

Black matte paint treatment?

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  James_R 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, been gone for a while. I lost my bike in an accident and finally purchased a new one. But I have not idea how to treat it.

New bike is black matte or off black. I just to have everything autoglym. But I'm guessing non-of the stuff I had is good for this one.

Can you guys recommend some products?

Thank you.

P.D. Haven't got the bike yet but its as the following. As you can see the paint is not totally matte but it does not shine.

See less See more
#6 ·
You need a shampoo that doesn't leave anything behind, so without any wax or glossing agents. Then you have the option of keeping it simple and using the likes of a spray wax frequently such as AG Aqua Wax or otherwise a more durable matte sealant such as Nanolex matte or Gyeon Q2 Matte.

#9 ·
I love Bilt Hamber Auto Wash - its the only thing I really use.

My son has a Suzuki GSX125 in satin black and we are happy using the Bilt Hamber shampoo, or Autoglym Pure Shampoo (make sure shampoo has no conditioners in it)

I'm going for Muc-Off Ultimate Matt Finish Detailer this weekend.
https://muc-off.com/products/matt-finish-detailer

I've been pretty happy using Meguairs Last Touch, mixed 50:50 with water as a Quick Detailer - it doesn't ruin the satin finish, and leaves the paint looking and feeling good.

Autoglym Rapid Aqua Wax is a good product to use and is recommended by Autoglym for matt finishes.

I use this on my black Honda CR-V and it leaves a nice protective finish

#12 ·
Been a few months since we bought the semi-gloss/matte finish Suzuki and I said earlier in the thread I was going to buy some Muc-off Matt Finish Detailer

I did, back in early April and we've detailed the bike a few times with it.

Its very good.
You don't need to use much (otherwise you're wiping it away for ages)

When you wash the bike it beads relentlessly, giving the impression there is some good protection laid down on it.

There's loads left, and I'm really happy with it.

Worth a try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.