Detailing World Forum banner

Advised not to polish...

5K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  chongo 
G
#1 ·
Hey guys. My first post on here in a long time!

I've just bought a new car. Well, it's 2 years old, but new to me. The previous owner told me that he'd had some sort of lifetime paintwork treatment applied. But then he went on to say that I shouldn't use polish on the car, since the polish will remove the treatment. He said wax is fine. He couldn't provide more specifics.

What do you make of that?

The car is in pretty good nick, but I can see very minor swirls in places. If I can't polish, then I don't see how I'd get rid of them!

#7 ·
Hey guys. My first post on here in a long time!

I've just bought a new car. Well, it's 2 years old, but new to me. The previous owner told me that he'd had some sort of lifetime paintwork treatment applied. But then he went on to say that I shouldn't use polish on the car, since the polish will remove the treatment. He said wax is fine. He couldn't provide more specifics.

What do you make of that?

The car is in pretty good nick, but I can see very minor swirls in places. If I can't polish, then I don't see how I'd get rid of them!
Sounds like AG life shine or Gardx coating to me.

Obviously if you do polish, then as he's said it'll remove it, but that does mean you start fresh and can then apply your own :thumb:

G
#10 ·
On an unrelated note: is there an issue with subscription email notification? I've subscribed to this thread, and I have instant email notification turned on. But I haven't received any emails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.