Detailing World Forum banner

My car of the day, new Toyota Camry

2K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  GP Punto 
#1 ·
Would you believe it's been 15 years since the Camry was available in the UK? Well now it's back and it replaces the the rather inconspicuous Avensis. Toyota claims the Camry's sleek styling,hybrid powertrain,engaging handling and premium feel will prove to be a top seller. It will be in no way I think that it will trouble the German cars such as the 3 series,A3 or C-class. I would say it's more of a credible alternative to the VW Passat. Toyota also expects 80 per cent of UK cars will go to fleet buyers. Only two trims will be available which are Design that starts at £29,995 and the higher spec Excel for an extra £1,300. The Design gets you 17 inch alloy wheels, LED lights,dual zone climate control,key-less entry and heated front seats. With Excel you get all of the above mentioned plus fog lights, wireless charging and safety kit including blind spot assist and rear cross traffic management.

Key specs:

price: from £29,995
engine: 2.5 litre 4 cyl hybrid
power: 215 BHP
transmission: CVT auto front-wheel drive
0-60 in 8.3 seconds
top speed is 112 MPH

Like it?

Tire Vehicle registration plate Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate Car Wheel

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle White Automotive design

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Water

Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire Automotive tail & brake light

See less See more
#14 ·
That front valance looks like its a design statement , buts its like the sides of the front wing on an F1 car, not for me always thought apart from old school cool and the GT86 I love there cars just bore me to death, mind you most do know they are all starting to look the same with all these platform and drive train shares to bring down costs of R&D I suppose to survive

#15 ·
Last one I drove was at Millbrook in the 1990s, a very lazy and relaxed car which suited my style of driving at the time. These cars are very well made, ultra reliable and not that expensive when compared to the competition.

Cannot say that I think much of the grill but the rest isnt too offensive

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.