Detailing World Forum banner

My Triumph Speed Triple

19K views 48 replies 15 participants last post by  Andyblue 
#1 ·
After 6 months with my Suzuki GSX650 since passing my test I began to get bored with the bike and wanted something properly fun. I was between the Triumph Street Triple, Yamaha MT09 and Suzuki GSX-S1000. However insurance was proving to be an issue with all of these bikes due to the short time I have had my licence. I didn't even consider the Speed Triple as I assumed the insurance would be ridiculously high however it was actually considerably less about a third the cost compared to the other bikes named above ! So that was my mind made up :thumb:

I put my old Suzuki on gumtree and it was sold within 24hrs !

I then found this 2014 Triumph Speed Triple from Superbike Factory who provided an exceptional service in delivering the bike to my door.

I have only been out on the bike once ( the day I got it ) the roads were wet so didn't even come close to opening it up but this thing definitely feels like a bit of an animal :devil:

So here she is, I have always loved meaty the look of the Speed with the double exhaust under the seat and the single sided swing arm

Planned mods are - Arrow exhaust - Bar end mirrors - Short levers

See less See more
#39 · (Edited)
Just got the bike back from MOT + Service also got a few items prior to doing the Applecross pass

Kriga Tail Pack 20 Litre - here is a few pics of the bike packed up ready to go Friday night

Also got some custom made ear protectors made up from Ultimate Ear, these things are worth every penny, so much more comfortable and effective than the generic ones :thumb:

Few Photos from the trip absolutely tremendous road/views, the weather could have been better but it did stay dry the majority of the time so can't complain to much. Over 500 miles all in, the bike done great never missed a beat :D

#40 · (Edited)
I do love your ST, the pass looks like it was fun and spectacular scenery . Agreed about the ear protection, I got similar and they completely stopped the ringing I used to get after a long ride and can still use my headset no issue. (just to add I got my ear protection from Custom fit Guards with a little discount by quoting the Missenden flyer)

I had a 500 mile trip on this little beauty - also with a Kriega tail pack and back back.

A quick pick of the 4 bikes ready to roll !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#41 ·
I do love your ST, the pass looks like it was fun and spectacular scenery . Agreed about the ear protection, I got similar and they completely stopped the ringing I used to get after a long ride.

I had a 500 mile trip on this little beauty - also with a Kriega tail pack and back back.

A quick pick of the 4 bikes ready to roll !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks mate, cracking looking bike you have to :thumb:

As usual though I have already got my eye on something else (MT-10) but I have promised myself no change until next year !

#43 ·
Can’t do better than the ultimate ear buds, had them for a few years now, nothing I’ve tried in 20 odd years riding even comes close...

Your trip looked great, hope you don’t get into trouble from the forum tw@t about calling the road the applecross pass though :lol::lol:

He was most upset with me and apparently NO-ONE!!! Calls it’s the applecross path :lol: :wall:

Anyway... hope you had fun...

I’ve also looked at the MT10 a couple of times... but it’s not as much fun as my MT09 so have never pulled the trigger on one, I actually found them a bit boring.

So a quick shifter and big brake upgrade on the 09 and I’m happy for another while....

#47 ·
If anyone is thinking about doing advanced driving I would offer this advice:

The concentration required can be a bit daunting at first, so build up to it by having 10 minute periods during normal daily driving where you absolutely concentrate on driving very smoothly, by the book, thinking closely about everything.

Like it's your driving test all over again - but just for 5 or 10 mins initially.

You will literally get a sweat on at first, but you can build it up if you do 10 mins each day during your commute, then make it 15 and so on.

Will make your observed drives / tests more relaxing and enjoyable if you have conditioned yourself a bit first to "test driving"

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.