Detailing World Forum banner

My Triumph Speed Triple

19K views 48 replies 15 participants last post by  Andyblue 
#1 ·
After 6 months with my Suzuki GSX650 since passing my test I began to get bored with the bike and wanted something properly fun. I was between the Triumph Street Triple, Yamaha MT09 and Suzuki GSX-S1000. However insurance was proving to be an issue with all of these bikes due to the short time I have had my licence. I didn't even consider the Speed Triple as I assumed the insurance would be ridiculously high however it was actually considerably less about a third the cost compared to the other bikes named above ! So that was my mind made up :thumb:

I put my old Suzuki on gumtree and it was sold within 24hrs !

I then found this 2014 Triumph Speed Triple from Superbike Factory who provided an exceptional service in delivering the bike to my door.

I have only been out on the bike once ( the day I got it ) the roads were wet so didn't even come close to opening it up but this thing definitely feels like a bit of an animal :devil:

So here she is, I have always loved meaty the look of the Speed with the double exhaust under the seat and the single sided swing arm

Planned mods are - Arrow exhaust - Bar end mirrors - Short levers

See less See more
#8 ·
Looks nice, I would second the more training before you start trying to get the best out of the bike... and getting the suspension properly sorted out...

Not too sure about our local IAM groups though, they only ride April to September the last time I checked... advanced indeed :rolleyes:

:wall:

:thumb:

#16 ·
haven't been out much on the bike recently but did get a few decent runs in before Christmas. Bike is sitting tucked up just now and I'm counting down the days for Spring !

Got myself a battery optimiser and the bike did need a new battery which I am storing in the house just now until the weather picks up

wee run out to Inveraray with my pal on his XSR 900.

#26 ·
Yeah well chuffed with them love the carbon ends !

Yep huge improvement in sound, especially with the baffles out :devil:

I haven't been out on the bike yet with them on but there is also supposed to be a noticeable performance improvement, not that this bike needs to be any faster right enough !

#27 ·
Went to book the bike in for its MOT today, ended up spending a small fortune :rolleyes:

New RAM Mount which I have had my eye on for a while and Oxford USB charging input. Getting the bike ready for May as I'm Planning doing the North Coast 500 and want to have Sat Nav for the journey

Need to get a more permanent solution for the charging point

The RAM mount is a little pricey but it is by for the best phone mount solution in my opinion

#28 ·
Another wee change to the bike due to the rear seat cowl being cracked

Rather than buying a new seat cowl I decided to replace with the rear grab rail

I know that the vast majority of People do this mod the opposite way but I personally prefer the look of my bike with the the rear grab rail plus makes it way easier for moving the bike around.

What I didn't realise is I had to modify the plastic under the seat for the rail to fit, done the best I could with my Dremel. It looks ok just not 100% symmetrical so might need to take some more off the left hand side as can be seen in pics, either that or just buy the new part that's designed for fitting with the rail

Seat also required a good scrub :thumb:

#31 ·
The heat shields can't be fitted to the Arrows, not as standard anyway I suppose you could rig some sort of mounting solution for them

Yeah would definitely use the Xgrip it's a great thing, the RAM mount holds the phone rock solid but I do like a the fail safe for piece of mind the phone is going nowhere !

Seats come up well - what did you use to clean it ?
Magic sponge and Meguires APC 😀

#34 ·
with the weather starting to pick up now getting a few decent runs in :thumb:

Also treated myself to a Givi Tank Bag. Its perfect for Keys, wallet, Phone, gloves etc, definitely beats a back pack :thumb:

I bought a few of these microfibre gloves for cleaning the bike, work great for getting into all the little nooks and crannies !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.