Detailing World Forum banner

My car of the day, new Ford Puma SUV.

2K views 21 replies 21 participants last post by  transtek 
#1 ·
I'm sure most of you will remember the Puma, well It's twenty years since Ford stopped production but now It's due to be reborn as an SUV. These teaser images will give you an idea of what the Puma SUV could look like, although some other images on-line show the vehicle with Bug eyes as headlights. Just like the original Puma, the new one will share It's underpinnings with the current Fiesta. These images portray a more Fiesta and Focus inspired styling, clean lines that run across It's length and taillights that remind me of the Subaru Impreza. The car certainly has a sporty vibe with the small diffuser and dual exhaust tips. Ford are now hoping that their new Puma SUV will sit as an alternative to Europe's crowded SUV market such as Peugeot's 2008, Nissan's Juke and Renault Captur. Come launch day the Puma will be offered with a mild-hybrid powertrain with a 1.0 litre ECO-boost petrol engine. Some of you will be thinking It's nothing more than a high riding Fiesta. More will be revealed at the official launch.

Like it?

Wheel Sky Tire Vehicle Cloud

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

Automotive lighting Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Font Tire

See less See more
#22 ·
Its just a jacked-up Focus, so why not call it a Focus-X or something like that, like VW did with the Golf SV? Surely that would be preferable to using up a solid brand image from the past with the Puma name?

Edit: I just checked the UK Ford website and they already have the Focus Active????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.