Detailing World Forum banner

My Honda CB1000R

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  markcaughey 
#1 ·
For a while I've fancied another motorcycle to have alongside my SH300i. I do really like the practically of the scoot, but I just fancied something for taking day trips out on nicer days.

I'd initially looked at Honda's CB650 models amongst other things. Both the CB650R and CBR650R look like really smart machines, a big improvement on the outgoing model imo. I test rode the naked CB650R and really liked it; it had a wonderfully light clutch and a slick box too. I couldn't fault the fit/finish, it had a premium feel about it with a few nice details on the spec. Even though I didn't need the extra power, I just really liked the styling of the 1000, as well it being a tad bigger in physical size. As it happened, I also found that there were also plenty of really strong deals to be had on a new CB1000R.

A deal was done and so on Saturday I left home just before 5am to get the train down from Northallerton to Bury St. Edmunds. I haven't done any detailing or washing yet, but took a few shots when filling up before I rode home. Hopefully there will be some decent weather over half term.

See less See more
#3 ·
I've pretty much stopped looking at new bike (got a race zx6r and a tiger800 for the road) so didnt even know they did this bike!

I like it - and the headlight is modern cool!

BUT....that number plate would HAVE to go. And the exhaust might not be too far behind!

(is it an americal model or do they all have the reflectors on the forks now?)

#5 ·
It's just a case of pencilling in the time to get out and about, Andy. I ride my scooter rain or shine to work but if I get a couple of nicer days this week I'll ride this and show the kids at my school. Some of the kids always ask me what I've come on, or in.

I didn't know that they made this either until a couple of weeks ago. I much prefer shopping for bikes rather than bikes as there's just so much variety and style of bike to choose from.
The headlight outer LED ring reminds me of a MINI. I think sales of tail tidy brackets will do well for these but the size of the plate probably doesn't help; I think Honda have done a slightly better job than the one on the MT09 though. I don't mind the exhaust really, well not enough to splash out on a new one just yet. There must be some kind of legislation for reflectors as other new UK bikes have them on too.

#8 ·
Love this bike, I rode one the other day when my Africa Twin was in for a service and I loved it! I also rode the CB650R and CBR650R as it happens, the latter is too sporty for me but overall I found the 650's too small for me (I'm 6'2") and I felt really "over" the front wheel, where as the 1000's longer wheel base and more spacious chassis really felt good.

I like a bit more wind protection for my commute than a naked bike offers, but the AT is bloody awful, terrible buffering and massively top heavy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.