Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > Garage/Product Collections
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Garage/Product Collections Post your Garage or Product Collection pics here....

Old 11-11-2020, 02:55 PM   #1
Carscope
DW Sponsor

Single Garage Make over

Edit for first time views, here is the after pictures

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good afternoon all,

I have recently moved with my partner with the view to buying a house in about a years time. however she has since enrolled on a university course which will mean pushing our plans on buying somewhere until the future (around 2 - 3 years to be exact).

After a bid of discussion with her dad he's agreed to let me use the small single garage to convert into a wash bay of sorts. Its bit too small to keep a car in but perfectly well sized for storing all my detailing and garage supplies. I've decided to go ahead and outfit it the best can using things that I can take with me when we finally move. I have already installed a custom kranzle wall mounted system which can be seen in this thread: https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/for...d.php?t=420698

Also I've installed a wall mounted vacuum and the blo dryer to the wall.

Here's how it stands today.

My plan is to add a fresh lick of paint, board up the window, add some plastic floor tiles and also add in some new light fixtures. Later down the road ill be adding in some cabinets on the back wall as well as some more storage. I've currently been keeping most of my detailing supplies in the adjacent barn so it will be nice to have ot all in one place. here are some quick and dirty renders of what i have planned.

First things first though and that will giving the whole room a deep clean and brush off the flaky paint. Ill get some masonry paint and aim to get some coats on this weekend.

Last edited by Carscope; 16-03-2021 at 12:45 PM.
Carscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:40 PM   #2
atbalfour
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,571 Times in 944 Posts
Garage
Looks good.. are you going to be able to continue to use this after you move? Lot of work and cost to benefit from it for a short period of time.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
atbalfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 04:53 PM   #3
virgiltracey
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
Looks good.. are you going to be able to continue to use this after you move? Lot of work and cost to benefit from it for a short period of time.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
This was my thought, If it was me i'd spend as little as possible until its your own place.

that said some opaque film on the window, a fresh coat of paint and some cheap Rolson floor tiles will make the place feel 100% better.
(i did both in my single garage for under £100)

If possible perhaps look at rolling or "standalone" storage, so you can take it with you to your next destination.

you're lucky the bricks already have paint on them, whilst not in great nick it will save you a coat or two of masonry paint.
virgiltracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:45 PM   #4
percymon
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,405 Times in 1,105 Posts
Garage
Do you need to board up the window, or just opaque film it to prevent prying eyes (but still allow some light in). Are the walls dry, or prone to condensations/damp ? -if they are you may want to use some inert material batons to keep any boards off the brickwork.

I obtained some used kitchen cabinets for the back wall of my garage, i dropped some closed cell foam sheets behind the floor cupboards and the wall cupboards just in case - this might be a cheap solution for your needs the next few years , and perhaps then useful to leave them installed for the father in law to utilise afterwards ? It would also allow you to sort any future garage, before having to move things across

Last edited by percymon; 11-11-2020 at 03:49 PM.
percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 05:14 PM   #5
Carscope
DW Sponsor

Thanks for all the feedback chaps

To clear up a few things

Everything Iím buying (apart from the paint) will be carried over to my next garage. Iíll still have use of this garage if needs be too.

This will also help me to spread the cost over the next couple of years so Iíll be ready to go once we move out in a few years.

Main reason for boarding up the window will be to increase the usable wall space, it will be a simple board so I can mount a cabinet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2020, 05:26 PM   #6
Andyblue
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 6,456 Times in 5,070 Posts
Looks nice, be good with a clean paint job - if youíre not using it for the car inside, Iíd have a think about colours instead of white ...

With regards to the window - if you need to cover it for extra storage, then great, otherwise Iíd be tempted to leave open - itís nice to get a bit of natural light in during the day.

Good luck and looking forward to your updates
Andyblue is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
Carscope (11-11-2020), Citromark (12-11-2020)
Old 12-11-2020, 09:59 AM   #7
Carscope
DW Sponsor

So small update, just ordered the flooring and paint.

Decided to go for white as it will take less coats then if I switched to grey, hopefully the old paint sprayer still works and will make it a lot easier to paint. I went with sandtex brilliant white.

For flooring Iíve gone with Duramat vented 30, swisstrax would be my first choice but itís incredibly expensive and Iím not driving on it. Got a pretty great deal using a few discount codes so worked out around £200 for all the floor tiles.

Old 12-11-2020, 07:56 PM   #8
B8sy
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturty View Post
So small update, just ordered the flooring and paint.

Decided to go for white as it will take less coats then if I switched to grey, hopefully the old paint sprayer still works and will make it a lot easier to paint. I went with sandtex brilliant white.

For flooring Iíve gone with Duramat vented 30, swisstrax would be my first choice but itís incredibly expensive and Iím not driving on it. Got a pretty great deal using a few discount codes so worked out around £200 for all the floor tiles.

Any chance you can share the discount codes you found. I'm ordering from duramat end of this month. Thank you.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
B8sy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 08:20 PM   #9
Carscope
DW Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B8sy View Post
Any chance you can share the discount codes you found. I'm ordering from duramat end of this month. Thank you.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

PMd

Old 12-11-2020, 04:19 PM   #10
Carscope
DW Sponsor

Spent an hour or so their afternoon scrubbing down the walls ready for paint (if anyone knows of a faster way of doing this please let me know! Also covered up the pressure washer system ready for paint spraying over the weekend