Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Insurance Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Insurance Zone Want to insure your ride but not sure of wheres best.. Well, put a post here and others should be able to help!

Old 16-05-2021, 07:39 PM   #11
kingswood
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,024 Times in 617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDC250 View Post
Body shop will almost certainly get a commission/kick back from the hire company.

I’d guess from what you’ve described likely to be credit hire which means your FiL would ultimately be personally liable for the charges if not recovered from the at fault insurer.
this. google it. people have being stung in the past.

you'll prob find the daily hire for the car will be in excess of £100 a day.

its a legal scam where the hire company charge the guilty party a fortune to provide a hire care. a 3 day job in the body shop drags on to 30 days as they wait for 'parts' - blame covid, Brexit, etc so the bill goes up.

and we pay for it in higher insurance policies. altho lose the case, or they find you've not told the truth etc and you're liable for the £100 a day bill
kingswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2021, 07:59 PM   #12
lofty
Orbital Oracle

Garage
When a lady crashed into the back of my C63 I initially contacted my insurance company, they put me in contact with a claims company (she had admitted fault) and I was offered a Mercedes E Class at a cost of £350 PER DAY. I declined even though it wasn't going to cost me a penny, although technically I was liable for it should the third party insurer not pay out. I ended up being contacted by the party insurer who supplied me with a courtesy car and organised the repair of mine, its a far better solution.
lofty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2021, 08:23 PM   #13
Sicskate
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,441 Times in 1,138 Posts
It'll be arranged by the insurance company, not the bodyshop.

I'm an estimater at a busy bodyshop... we're not allowed to outsource hire cars.

If it's a Fault claim then we supply you with one of ours.

If it's a Non-Fault then you get a hire car from somewhere like Auxillis or Enterprise.

Why shouldn't anyone be contacting him?? If he's able to drive a car then surly he's OK to answer a phone??

What annoys me is the fact that the insurance companies are hot on my tail to get arrangements made, if we don't get a booking within minutes of receiving an instruction then we get bombarded with emails and phone calls from them...
If a customer doesn't get booked in straight away then they start to divert other customers to other garages... just because the customer was at work and couldn't answer the phone!!

Oh, parts delays are a pain! I've got a Range Rover that's been waiting 3 weeks for a fog, not even any insurance approved patterns available.
And a Kia stinger that the parts are manufactured to order!!

I'd have to car back with the owner the day it was finished if it could be arranged.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Sicskate; 16-05-2021 at 09:04 PM.
Sicskate is offline   Reply With Quote