Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 03-10-2020, 10:15 PM   #51
TheMac
Sponge Jockey

Update
I have just ordered a bottle of Last Cut compounding glaze and intend to order a set of Lake Country microfibre cutting pads. This combination together with the Neoteck paint depth gauge should provide an opportunity to help flatten any orange peel on the Audi's paintwork and refine it to a more glass like reflection.
Since atbalfour's post I am now on PA's email list for discounts. There was 10% off last weekend but I intend to wait until Christmas / new year to order a fresh 0.5 litre bottle of spritz, Master finishing polish and perhaps a red Shine Mate polishing pad. A combination of those should attract a £20 discount including postage but my intentions are still fairly fluid.
If anyone has any further input on the above I should be most grateful. Many thanks for all the input to date. I had gone back a page on this site in order to obtain each of your names in order to mention you in turn but lost my last post so please excuse me for not referring to you by name.
TheMac

Last edited by TheMac; 05-10-2020 at 09:44 AM.
TheMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2020, 11:32 PM   #52
TheMac
Sponge Jockey

Gloss
I have just noticed that the Apex Detail video dated 28 May 2019 showed the gloss provided by Polish Angel High Gloss was in the range of 91 to 92 gloss units but that achieved by TAC Systems One Step Master was between 99 to 102 gloss units as per a further video from Apex Ďetail of 27 December of the same year. I recognise that this may not be a direct comparison.
Does anyone know what gloss readings essence attracts?
I have both essence and One Step Master combined on my car's paintwork at present and must say that the gloss flashes alot although, as stated above, I am not sold on the paintwork tint.
Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but is the combination of essence and cosmic spritz in terms of gloss likely to be compromised in direçt comparison to using essence with One Step Master?
I am just about to invest another couple of hundred or so pounds into this exercise re cutting and finishing pads, compound, S30+, paint depth gauge, cosmic spritz etc which is prompting me to pursue an active interest re this topic at present.
Interested in any insights.
Thanks in anticipation
TheMac

Last edited by TheMac; 15-10-2020 at 12:27 AM.
Old 15-06-2021, 04:33 PM   #53
TheMac
Sponge Jockey

Update
I undertook a detail of the Audi as planed above. Unbelievable. I couldn't be happier. Three months has passed and the car still looks flawless.
Cosmic Spritz seems just as good as when applied 3 months ago and for its longevity and the amount used seems incredibly good value.
Many thanks to all especially Atbalfour for the advice.
I am extremely happy.