Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 16-06-2021, 07:18 PM   #1
gishy
Washmitt Meister

Garage
turtlewax ceramic/graphene wax

hi guys,
just a quick question about 3 months ago I stripped off my old lsp gave the car a good decontamination and clean and applied the turtlewax ceramic + graphene paste wax ,probably had about 8-10 maintenance washes since .Each time I use a drying aid (car chem hydroseal or turtlewax dry and shine that sort of thing ).
Now my question, is there any point in reapplying the t/wax paste wax its just that as i,m rinsing off the shampoo before hitting it with the drying aid it seems to be lacking a little bit water displacement,the water is sitting on the panels little bit more than I would have expected so I was thinking of giving it another coat ,would this be any use or would I be wasting my time.
thanks
gishy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gishy For This Useful Post:
todds (23-06-2021)
Old 16-06-2021, 08:16 PM   #2
roscopervis
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,041 Times in 784 Posts
Based on that chain of events, you have washed the car every 1 - 2 weeks and every time, you have used a drying aid that has a durability that is more than 1-2 weeks by themselves comfortably. What product’s water behaviour do you think you are seeing when you are rinsing off the shampoo?
roscopervis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roscopervis For This Useful Post:
gishy (16-06-2021), todds (23-06-2021)
Old 16-06-2021, 08:47 PM   #3
pt1

Thanked 1,436 Times in 1,012 Posts
You will be seeing your top ups water behavior. I find that once you apply top ups you wont get the original waxes water behavior back,especially after 3 month

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
pt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pt1 For This Useful Post:
Old 16-06-2021, 08:55 PM   #4
TonyHill

Car Chem Hydroseal is not a drying aid. My understanding is its a similar product to Gyeon Wet Coat
TonyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonyHill For This Useful Post:
Old 16-06-2021, 09:25 PM   #5
gishy
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt1 View Post
You will be seeing your top ups water behavior. I find that once you apply top ups you wont get the original waxes water behavior back,especially after 3 month

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
this is probably what i,m seeing did,nt think of it like that.
thanks
todds (23-06-2021)
Old 16-06-2021, 09:26 PM   #6
gishy
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyHill View Post
Car Chem Hydroseal is not a drying aid. My understanding is its a similar product to Gyeon Wet Coat
according to car chem it has drying properties "Car-Chem Hydroseal is our quick and easy way to apply a short term, last stage protection that aids vehicle drying." although i get your point it,s not just a drying aid .thanks
todds (23-06-2021)
Old 16-06-2021, 09:29 PM   #7
gishy
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscopervis View Post
Based on that chain of events, you have washed the car every 1 - 2 weeks and every time, you have used a drying aid that has a durability that is more than 1-2 weeks by themselves comfortably. What productís water behaviour do you think you are seeing when you are rinsing off the shampoo?
hard to describe best way is that the water is,nt running off as it did at first,guessing that PT1 is close with whats happening did,nt think of it that way .
thanks
todds (23-06-2021)
Old 16-06-2021, 09:52 PM   #8
roscopervis

Thanked 1,041 Times in 784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gishy View Post
hard to describe best way is that the water is,nt running off as it did at first,guessing that PT1 is close with whats happening did,nt think of it that way .
thanks
That was the point I was trying to make, but trying to make you think of the answer yourself.

In this situation, Iím sorry to say, it shows how wrongly toppers are used. I bet you donít have any real idea of how the Turtlewax Graphene wax looks or performs by itself, other than how it applied. From the first wash, you have smothered it and there ended itís looks and durability assessment from you.

I wonder if you have offered your opinions on how good this wax is to other people based on your 3 months (but actually 1 week) use of it? I know other people who do the same topping thing do, may even slate the base product, but donít seem to appreciate that it is the increasingly ineffectual layers of QDís or drying aids that are actually being commented on.
roscopervis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to roscopervis For This Useful Post:
todds (23-06-2021)
Old 16-06-2021, 10:39 PM   #9
gishy
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscopervis View Post
That was the point I was trying to make, but trying to make you think of the answer yourself.

In this situation, I’m sorry to say, it shows how wrongly toppers are used. I bet you don’t have any real idea of how the Turtlewax Graphene wax looks or performs by itself, other than how it applied. From the first wash, you have smothered it and there ended it’s looks and durability assessment from you.

I wonder if you have offered your opinions on how good this wax is to other people based on your 3 months (but actually 1 week) use of it? I know other people who do the same topping thing do, may even slate the base product, but don’t seem to appreciate that it is the increasingly ineffectual layers of QD’s or drying aids that are actually being commented on.
for the first couple of weeks the graphene did,nt have anything on top and I was quite impressed ,I just find it easier to dry the car using some sort of drying aid. to be honest I very rarely offer my opinions on products mainly because I don,t feel qualified to express any opinion which might influence others rightly or wrongly.

Last edited by gishy; 16-06-2021 at 10:44 PM.
todds (23-06-2021)