Detailing World Forum banner

KDS / Heavenly Detail Focus RS and Celeste Dettaglio

33K views 44 replies 26 participants last post by  gally 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys

something short and sweet from myself this time , would not of normally posted this as a thread but after chance viewing (and i do mean chance viewing no bump from Heavenly at all) of another thread on here and as i had some pics i thought it best to post

Here is the thread in question

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=199924

Now the car came to us for wheel refurb and to add some wheel spacers to give it the more aggressive stance to do the rest of the car justice, i had no idea that the car had been detailed by anyone let alone Marc :thumb:

I was expecting a clean straight car in for just above services .

Customer / owner of car walked in started talking about paint colours and finishes as de what a dark grey style colour , i showed him some photos of wheel colours and my own M3 wheels that was it he decided the same as my car :thumb:

The owner also said can you wash the car as its going onto a stand at a show very soon , of course answer was yes .
We washed the bodywork , cleaned the glass and interior ready for car on collection

Then he explained it had a few coats of a new wax (he may of said 5 but not sure) and could i not use any strong chemicals .

So the first thing was to wash the car which to be fair was very clean considering .

so we went straight to the rinse stage and wash very impressed at the beeding and sheeting of the bodywork for a wax that i had not heard of let alone say properly :lol: and was applied sometime ago .

We ended up washing the bodywork , cleaned the glass and interior ready for collection of the car

Here are some before pics of the car take notice of the standard wheel colour too

then the beeding and sheeting pics ALL just on the first rinse

hmmmmmm nice sticker

no order really just random pics

windscreen beeding (i did not ask whats on the windscreen)

It was sheeting very heavy when aiming the jet wash direct at the panels and beeded very very well when we let a fine spray fall onto the bodywork .

I only realised last week when Marc text me to see if i had some specailist sealents in stock (which i did) so marc came over to KDS last friday afternoon to buy such sealents and i told him about the Focus that he did and when he told me it was celeste dettaglio i was surprised as i had guess it was going to be some £1000 plus tub of wax in the way it performed :thumb:

I will inform marc of this thread so then he can give dates to the applied wax and how many layers etc ,
The car was with us on 26/7/2010 so marc will fill in the gaps ;)

Washed with this

The next part after washing was the wheels

After wash standard wheel

wheel off

Hub faces to be cleaned in readiness for Hub encentric spacers .

Spacers being fitted

Now for wheels back on car in the new finish :D

So i was then surprised again when the owner rings just before collection asking if we could fully machine correct the car :doublesho as its going to be on a stand at some show , to be fair it would of been the best condtion car we would of done so , and would of needed the smallest amount of work to get perfection , due to the time of year the car was in with us it was impossible to do any correct in the time scale :wall: as our waiting list peak summer is up around 3 months .

I have spoken on the phone to the owner of the Focus over christmas he told me all about the mods carried out to the car since and is thinking of a full wet sand soon in spring :doublesho

I sure Marc will be able to post the details about the mods as its Marcs good friend ;)

I have let Marc know of this thread so sit and what for all the details

Kelly

www.kdsdetailing.co.uk

See less See more
#44 ·
Sorry if this doesnt follow the thread exactly.
Love the colour and finnish on those wheels.I own a interlagos blue Z4M and am currently trying to decide where is the best place to get the wheels refurbed.They are not curbed at all just need a freshen up.Are Lepsons really that good????.Any opinions on shadow chrome and interlagos????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.