Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > ValetPRO
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ValetPRO ValetPRO was founded in 2005. We are a UK based company and manufacture our car care products from ValetPRO HQ in Newhaven, East Sussex. Our vision at ValetPRO is to produce the highest quality car care products and to be the trusted brand of choice for retailers, professional detailers and car care enthusiasts everywhere

Old 27-10-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
1Valet PRO
Sponsor

Blue gel Wheel Cleaner

[IMG][/IMG]
Hello All

This was our first brake through product. Blue gel Wheel cleaner.

First off this is an acid wheel cleaner. But there is a good reason that this is a popular product among pro details and Valeter.

Use acid wheel cleaners in the passed has alway been unpleasant due to the vapour and gases released when product is in action. They turn you lungs inside out.

Blue gel has solved this problem. The vapour is contained by the gel formula. This has other benifits too. It doen't dry as quickly. This give the user more working time to remove stubbon baked on brake dust. It also clean far more gently than traditional acid based wheel cleaner.

It also one of the few acid wheel cleaner that will clean general road grime to. Blue gel can be sprayed on the the wheels alowed to dwell then rinced off with a pressurewasher given a very clean wheel. Most acid will work on the hard baked on brake dust but fail to clean general grime without aggitation. Blue gel cope perfectly well with both. Also a lower concentration of acid is needed to give good cleaning because the gel stays where it is sprayed unlike liquid wheel cleaner. Some trade wheel cleaner have 40% acid where as blue gel only has 10% and is just as efficent.

This make an excellent wheel cleaner for the trade and more friendly to hobbiest than other available acid wheel cleaners.
Old 28-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #2
Chris CPT
Samples

Thumbs up

To back this up - I had to remove my Toledo's wheels yesterday to have a look at the brake calipers, and the wheels were absolutely grafted on the back of them. I haven't cleaned them since I bought the car a year ago and they were already dirty when I got it.

I used a 1:1 mixture of Blue Gel wheel cleaner and sprayed it on. I left it to dwell for around 3 minutes before using a wheel brush to agitate the (very) thick, baked-on brake dust.
I then left it a further minute or so before using a hose pipe with a nozzle sprayer attachment to remove it.
It worked very very well, and removed all but a few traces of brake dust which has physically eaten into the paintwork and will need a re-furb to get rid of them.
I also used it on the fronts and have never ever had them looking that clean before! It removed every single bit of baked-on brake dust and there wasn't a trace left at all.
It's doesn't dry out or evaporate like others, and it is nice to work with as it stays so 'liquidy'.

Like Greg says, it also smells pretty good too. I can't put my finger on it but it is a rather pleasant smell. You still get a slight odour of acidity, but nowhere near what most other wheel cleaners have (that 'knock you back while making your eyes water' smell).
No pics unfortunately as it was night time when I did them and the missus has taken my car to Liverpool today for work. D'oh.
Samples are available if you want a try.
Chris CPT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris CPT For This Useful Post:
Herefordquattro (28-10-2010), manolik (28-10-2010)
Old 28-10-2010, 08:53 PM   #3
Roy
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Yep, very very good cleaner for bad neglected wheels.

Only problem is I can't find a spray head it wont' kill....but hey.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
1Valet PRO
Sponsor

come and talk to me. I know a trigger spray that works fine.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #5
GavinD
Sponge Jockey

forgive me, i know this will get slated, but why clean tyres? amazing paintwork and rims, yes, but tyres?
GavinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:11 PM   #6
Beau Technique
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,756 Times in 1,606 Posts
Definately one to try.
Last I used it, sprayed on and even though it was quite runny it just clung to the wheel not dripping one bit at all............I was quite taken a back by the level of contact cling it had.
I left the cleaner to do its work for a short time and worked it with the usual brushing method and found it was an absolute dream to work round the wheels, no sticky mess just as workable as a normal cleaner such as smartwheels/billberry/revolution etc.
To say it did a good job is an understatement..............it irradicated all of the caked on break dust and removed near on all the pitted sections without so much as one ounce of elbow grease involved.
Rinsed down with a hose and it just rinsed off to a spotless finish with no dulling to the wheels finish what so ever.
Hat off to greg and his chemists for creating such a brilliantly clever product.
Never had an issue with trigger sprays ( no more than normal ) its all down to the user and dillution its used in.
Beau Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #7
Geordie_1982

I have this and bilberry the blue gel has eaten 2 heads until i figured out that if i rinse the head out after use with clean water they last longer i have found that the head doesnt spray a mist more of squirt a line even on mist mode this is because its quite a thick liquid.

But i now squirt some on a brush and brush it on to affected areas imo it works a lot better and dont get any overspray on the arches or sills.
Geordie_1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:06 PM   #8
Beau Technique
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,756 Times in 1,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie_1982 View Post
I have this and bilberry the blue gel has eaten 2 heads until i figured out that if i rinse the head out after use with clean water they last longer i have found that the head doesnt spray a mist more of squirt a line even on mist mode this is because its quite a thick liquid.

But i now squirt some on a brush and brush it on to affected areas imo it works a lot better and dont get any overspray on the arches or sills.
Exactly.
If any harsher products are used its best to clear the trigger out.
Found it with quite a few products over the years.
The other thing is the more neat the product ( acid in question ) is used, the more chance of the trigger collapsing.
Beau Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:25 AM   #9
1Valet PRO
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie_1982 View Post

with our triggers you get s spray not a squirt
Old 06-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #10
Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau Technique View Post
Never had an issue with trigger sprays ( no more than normal ) its all down to the user and dillution its used in.
As usual my comments get twisted

Greg has created an awesome wheel cleaner for when you need to get serious. It was more a tongue in cheek comment, I have tons of sprayers. I’m more interested in its cleaning performance and it delivers

If a trigger fails I change it. (I think there has been a poor batch of chemical resistant triggers coming through recently) I had them fail on all sorts of products this year so it’s not a problem.

I’ll get some of Greg's super triggers, happy days.

Roy.
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roy For This Useful Post:
1Valet PRO (06-12-2010)

Tags
acid wheel cleaner, blue gel wheel cleaner, valetpro, wheel cleaner