Detailing World Forum banner

Seeking ideas for garage lighting.

11K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Haf ODY200 
#1 ·
Looking for feedback on anyone that has the same issue I have with finding suitable lighting for my garage. As you can see its a high apex without ceiling 5.5x4.5m2.
I have detailing lights, it's general lighting I am stumped on. Been tying with the regular 60x30's, 120x30, 60x60's flat 30 or 40w ones, but with the angle of the roof it is not so straight forward. Not liking the idea of those hanging kits.
Before taking a punt in hope they were the right choice, maybe someone has a proven suggestion on what worked for them.:wave:

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm looking to use 6-6500K and the common option is 4-4500K.
I had decided on the daylight option as I did want plenty of light.
Anyone have a comment on this and what they have etc.
Best ask before I go for it.

I do have separate colour match light lighting for paintwork.

#5 ·
No info on prices on that link. They look like a good option for business work environment.
As stated I have a Scangrip lights so covered on when I need the change in light on specific area and type of work.
Might go for the strip lights with enclosures, how many and where to situate are still doing my swede in :confused:

#6 ·
Yes sorry there are no price. My electrician just told me a total for all the work he is doing in the garage, its a new build.
I got the idea for panels from White details youtube garage tour. Jim uses panels that is 5000k. But as these go to 6500k and dimmable. My electrician has done a couple of garages with them and they are loved by the owners.

#8 ·
With a sloped roof like that I would say that a couple of battens, on either side, mounted perpendicular to the supports would be a good bet. It'd probably be the cheapest way to get into LED lighting as well since you can just get regular battens and get LED tubes to fit into them.

#12 ·
I bought 6 LEDvero 1500mm tubes in Warm White (3500k) - more than enough light and gives off a decent light.. Im going t buy a few more, smaller for under shelves and the same size for the loft spaces in garage. Very easy to daisy chain together.

These...
LEDVero 6x SMD LED tube with fixture fluorescent tube in warm white T8 G13 frosted cover - (59.05') 150 cm, 25W, 2500 lm - ready for assembly [Energy Class A]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.