Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Home and Garden Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Home and Garden Zone All about the Home - including alternative uses for cleaning products ... and all about the Garden

Old 24-07-2021, 04:45 PM   #11
J306TD
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,178 Times in 994 Posts
Garage
Send a message via MSN to J306TD
Thank you for all the feedback.

We basically agreed on this one due to comfort and support.

Would try a local company but after using one for a mattress which 1st developed a fault, 2nd was wrong firmness,3rd had same fault as 1st and 4th is fine so far. (British made too)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
J306TD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to J306TD For This Useful Post:
straight6hatch (26-07-2021)
Old 26-07-2021, 10:29 AM   #12
straight6hatch
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by J306TD View Post
Thank you for all the feedback.

We basically agreed on this one due to comfort and support.

Would try a local company but after using one for a mattress which 1st developed a fault, 2nd was wrong firmness,3rd had same fault as 1st and 4th is fine so far. (British made too)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
No problem. At that price, its got to be worth a gamble. As long as it feels comfortable thats half the battle.

Sorry to hear about your experience with an independent - sounds like a bit of a shambles! We arent all like that, I promise
straight6hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2021, 11:36 AM   #13
LeadFarmer

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,096 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6hatch View Post

My advice to anyone looking for home furnishings is this:

Find the oldest and longest established privately owned company you can to buy your items from. They will have the most important traits going: Customer Service, Experience, Knowledge of the good & bad as well as actually caring about what they're selling you....
Do you have any opinions on Natuzzi furniture? We have recently ordered a Natuzzi Sofa from a local independent store called Pondsfords, who have been around a long time. Delivery is 20 weeks!!!

The sofa wasn't cheap, nothing in that store is, but I knew I didn't want to purchase from a high street chain. I have no idea if Natuzzi sofas are as good as the claims made, but I felt I had done as much research as I realistically could.

LeadFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2021, 11:40 AM   #14
straight6hatch
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
Do you have any opinions on Natuzzi furniture? We have recently ordered a Natuzzi Sofa from a local independent store called Pondsfords, who have been around a long time. Delivery is 20 weeks!!!

The sofa wasn't cheap, nothing in that store is, but I knew I didn't want to purchase from a high street chain. I have no idea if Natuzzi sofas are as good as the claims made, but I felt I had done as much research as I realistically could.

Truthfully, I havent had much experience with Natuzzi. I believe they were in with 'the big boys' and so we tend to steer clear. Simply put, the larger retailers can buy stuff much cheaper than we can and it makes stuff uneconomical for us to sell. Anyways, Ponsfords have been around foreeevveerrrr. Id have said youll be fine. You dont tend to find anything thats Italian and rubbish. Theyre proud furniture makers the Italians

20 Weeks delivery is pretty standard at the moment. Even at that, I wouldnt hold your breath truthfully. Ive been quoted 14 weeks recently and its taken well over 20. One manufacturer took 9 months! Dont ask...
The Following User Says Thank You to straight6hatch For This Useful Post:
LeadFarmer (29-07-2021)
Old 29-07-2021, 11:57 AM   #15
RS3

Thanked 1,017 Times in 748 Posts
Iv'e only ever owned 2 sets of Sofas over the last 20 years, both from DFS and the ones we have now for the last 6 or 7 years are in mint condition (OK, they where nearly £5k each) and have endured the wrath of my 2 sons, now teenagers.
So the next time I need another Sofa which I reckon will only be for a change of style rather than need it will be DFS I go to.
Having said that, there are at least 10 different Sofa manufacturers within 25 miles of me, all have shops where the wife loves to have a look around regularly and we do see some really lovely British made stuff. The Sofas we got from DFS last where made in Preston by a lovely Family run small business who where unable to match the DFS price which was weird (I did get about £1000 of each of them at DFS).
RS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RS3 For This Useful Post:
straight6hatch (29-07-2021)
Old 29-07-2021, 12:44 PM   #16
straight6hatch
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS3 View Post
Iv'e only ever owned 2 sets of Sofas over the last 20 years, both from DFS and the ones we have now for the last 6 or 7 years are in mint condition (OK, they where nearly £5k each) and have endured the wrath of my 2 sons, now teenagers.
So the next time I need another Sofa which I reckon will only be for a change of style rather than need it will be DFS I go to.
Having said that, there are at least 10 different Sofa manufacturers within 25 miles of me, all have shops where the wife loves to have a look around regularly and we do see some really lovely British made stuff. The Sofas we got from DFS last where made in Preston by a lovely Family run small business who where unable to match the DFS price which was weird (I did get about £1000 of each of them at DFS).
I dont knock DFS too hard but I do really dislike their customer service if something goes wrong. Not experienced it first hand but obviously hear a lot about it from my customers

I think the part of your comment where you mention the price says it all to me. You get what you pay for. If you spend proper money, you get proper furniture its quite simple!

Unusual about the pricing though. Very strange. Something doesnt quite add up if the manufacturer cant match a retailers pricing
The Following User Says Thank You to straight6hatch For This Useful Post:
RS3 (30-07-2021)
Old 29-07-2021, 09:35 PM   #17
LeadFarmer

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,096 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6hatch View Post
Truthfully, I havent had much experience with Natuzzi. I believe they were in with 'the big boys' and so we tend to steer clear. Simply put, the larger retailers can buy stuff much cheaper than we can and it makes stuff uneconomical for us to sell. Anyways, Ponsfords have been around foreeevveerrrr. Id have said youll be fine. You dont tend to find anything thats Italian and rubbish. Theyre proud furniture makers the Italians

20 Weeks delivery is pretty standard at the moment. Even at that, I wouldnt hold your breath truthfully. Ive been quoted 14 weeks recently and its taken well over 20. One manufacturer took 9 months! Dont ask...
Thanks for replying
LeadFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LeadFarmer For This Useful Post:
straight6hatch (30-07-2021)
Old 29-07-2021, 10:19 PM   #18
kingswood

Thanked 1,081 Times in 645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS3 View Post
I reckon you'll be in for a shock when you look again.

as OP has said, most the sofa's in DFS where like that one, cup holders and recliners. lasting 10 years and being dear I assume yours where leather, they were next to none in DFS.

after paying £2k in 2007 for our last leathers ones we wanted similar but looked in all the usual places and 'traditional' normal sofa's aren't the norm.

we ended up getting some display models from barker and stone house for £2k off list at £2.5k. a few marks but nothing that wouldn't happen after a week of the dog climbing all over it!
kingswood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kingswood For This Useful Post:
RS3 (30-07-2021)