Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Old 23-05-2017, 05:42 PM   #11
dexter101
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by enc View Post
Great surf bus !
Look forward to the "after" pics
Thanks dude, hopefully the bank holiday will give a good opportunity to start the transformation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
Great motor for the money, the 2.4 is nice engine and has good power. The Accord estate is a roomy motor too.

I'm a big fan of Pentas, but those Prodrives look good too. Put the Pentas on ebay and they will be snapped up no doubt.

Nice set of coilovers next then?
The Pentas are lovely alloys but needed a refurb and just felt that wasnt worth it for OEM alloys. I have kept one of the Pentas as a spare wheel and the others are on eBay singularly.

Would love a set of BC coilovers and think it will happen at some point but not in the near future as currently purchasing baby stuff....
dexter101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2017, 10:09 AM   #12
Barchettaman
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

+1, that´s an awesome surf machine! You could get an 11´ longboard in there!

Top work for little money!
Barchettaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2017, 10:15 AM   #13
Mother-Goose
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
As has been said already, great choice! I've got a soft spot for wagons anyway but I always liked the look of this one.
Mother-Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 10:44 AM   #14
dexter101
Washmitt Meister

Well, after 1 year and 4 months of motoring in the wagon, I am finally in a position to treat the girl a little bit!

In this time I have covered 15,000 miles and had a baby and the car has been almost faultless.

1 rear caliper binding and a dead battery over Christmas.

MOT in January and sailed through although had new exhaust fitted as it was starting to look worse for wear. Haven't put the trim back on yet as want to get it all polished up nicely.

Finally got around to changing the tyres over, got 225/50/18s all round. Went for Goodyear Eagle F1s as they were the most reasonable "good tyre".

Being a type S Honda had decided to provide a "carbon" look to the interior trim. This consists of very small black and grey check... really annoys me. Short term I decided it might be worth wrapping in carbon wrap. Ideally I would actually like to try and do it in brushed aluminium look wrap but thats a bit more pricey and don't have much experience with wrapping!

Heres how the parts look standard...

And here is the first part wrapped...

It was fairly easy to do and so will get the rest done.

Have bought a set of Thule roof bars which I need to fit. Have a set of Dakine pads as well.

Other plans are:

Plans are:
Heko Wind Deflectors

Facelift Headlights- current headlights are starting to haze up and also had some euro light deflectors on which have marred the surface. I did try wet sanding them out but in the end just easier to get new ones.

Plastidip chrome on grille and door handles- Have bought Plastidip and glossifier and will see how it looks, worst case I just peel it off and stick with the chrome.

Blue Front H badge- wanted something a bit more interesting that the standard badge but couldn't put a red badge on, just wouldn't feel right. Found the Blue badge instead so will see how that looks.

Debadge rear

CAI- Have bought the separate pipes to put this together with a K and N filter.

Cubbyhole to be replaced with double din adaptor, double din blanking plate and a phone mount- Its just a large hole which actually I never use productively (just get rubbish put into it) The door catch is also broken so it doesn't stay down. Felt that having it like this would look a bit smarter and be a bit more useful with a nice phone mount.

Was toying with the idea of coilovers but as its also my surf wagon, not sure I want it lowered and getting stuck! will just live with the arch gap as it is.

Regarding detailing, really just waiting for a nice weekend where I can give it a good, thorough clean. Its been getting a jet wash every couple of weeks to keep most of the grime off but is a bit of a state. Looking forward to getting it looking shiny and smart again.

Thanks for reading guys!

The Following User Says Thank You to dexter101 For This Useful Post:
Mother-Goose (16-02-2018)
Old 16-02-2018, 11:00 AM   #15
StuH
Sponge Jockey

Great cars. I've had two 2.4 EX over the last 10 years. Current one is an 08 with 125k, had to change the alternator but that's all. I spanner it myself and use Honda service items. Rear calipers are well noted on the tourer, I strip and clean mine every year and change the brake fluid every 10k, touch wood I've not had a problem for years.
StuH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StuH For This Useful Post:
dexter101 (16-02-2018)
Old 16-02-2018, 11:25 AM   #16
dexter101
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuH View Post
Great cars. I've had two 2.4 EX over the last 10 years. Current one is an 08 with 125k, had to change the alternator but that's all. I spanner it myself and use Honda service items. Rear calipers are well noted on the tourer, I strip and clean mine every year and change the brake fluid every 10k, touch wood I've not had a problem for years.
That's definitely something I am thinking of doing regarding the rear calipers. Also all the calipers could do with a paint as well so could do that at the same time.

My best friend is a Honda Tech so usually do any work with him. He tells me what to do, I do it wrong, he fixes it.
Old 20-02-2018, 12:36 PM   #17
dexter101
Washmitt Meister

Managed to fit the facelift headlights at the weekend. Its a bumper off job and quite a few of the pop clips have broken so ordered some new ones.

Look so much better and nice to have really clear headlights. Once this rain stops will be putting a couple of coats of Fusso on.

Osram Nightbreakers in full and dipped beams and LED sidelights.

Also fitted a K and N cone filter on a cold air intake. Sounds amazing when higher up the rev range. Just waiting on some larger clips and will then get a photo up.
The engine seems a bit more eager lower down the rev range. It actually might be a bit too loud for me but can always swap the air box back in if needed.

Numberplate surrounds have arrived today, just need to order pressed plates now.
Old 20-02-2018, 02:22 PM   #18
LostVulpine
Sponge Jockey

Love the car mate, got a soft spot for wagons (I have '06 Mondeo ST wagon). Been thinking about upgrading my bulbs too, now are you finding the Osram Nightbreakers?
LostVulpine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LostVulpine For This Useful Post:
dexter101 (20-02-2018)
Old 20-02-2018, 05:47 PM   #19
dexter101
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostVulpine View Post
Love the car mate, got a soft spot for wagons (I have '06 Mondeo ST wagon). Been thinking about upgrading my bulbs too, now are you finding the Osram Nightbreakers?
Thanks dude, love a wagon! Do you have any images of yours on the forum?

So far, finding the light output good. I believe they have a reputation for not lasting very well though.... time will tell! As an upgrade from basic halfords bulbs I am very happy with them