Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Showroom Detailed something and want to show it off? Do it here... This is the place for you to show the world....

Old 11-05-2020, 03:20 PM   #1
treaclesponge
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Bank holiday wash

Finally got around to giving the beemer some love. Had it around 6 months and either weather or time has been against me.

It’s a bit swirly still following an initial life of dealership washes but planning on some gentle correction when I manage to get all the right kit. For now though this was a basic spruce up consisting of wash, de-tar, clay, wash again, polish and wax. Came up better than I’d hoped for such a manual process although the sun kept appearing and made polishing and waxing particularly challenging as everything kept drying very quick!!

Mostly using stuff I’ve had lying around for a while so washed with Born to be Mild, Claude with BH soft clay, dragons breath on the wheels and sealed with Sonus Xtreme, polished with SRP and finished with Dodo Purple Haze from a panel pot I found in a cupboard!

Hints and tips for improving the finish on black paint greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
treaclesponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 04:13 PM   #2
Lexus-is250
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by treaclesponge View Post
Finally got around to giving the beemer some love. Had it around 6 months and either weather or time has been against me.

It’s a bit swirly still following an initial life of dealership washes but planning on some gentle correction when I manage to get all the right kit. For now though this was a basic spruce up consisting of wash, de-tar, clay, wash again, polish and wax. Came up better than I’d hoped for such a manual process although the sun kept appearing and made polishing and waxing particularly challenging as everything kept drying very quick!!

Mostly using stuff I’ve had lying around for a while so washed with Born to be Mild, Claude with BH soft clay, dragons breath on the wheels and sealed with Sonus Xtreme, polished with SRP and finished with Dodo Purple Haze from a panel pot I found in a cupboard!

Hints and tips for improving the finish on black paint greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thats quite a lot of car to polish by hand! There is one identical to that near me and it's a lovely car. If I ever had a black car again I would use carpro essence as it's so good at filling swirls.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
Lexus-is250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 04:34 PM   #3
treaclesponge
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus-is250 View Post
Thats quite a lot of car to polish by hand! There is one identical to that near me and it's a lovely car. If I ever had a black car again I would use carpro essence as it's so good at filling swirls.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
Yeah it was a bit of a mission, but with a few podcasts in the ears it was quite therapeutic nonetheless.

Thanks for the recommendation, Ill go and do some homework!
treaclesponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 05:40 PM   #4
DaveC_
Unwashed Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by treaclesponge View Post
Yeah it was a bit of a mission, but with a few podcasts in the ears it was quite therapeutic nonetheless.

Thanks for the recommendation, Ill go and do some homework!
Exactly my tactic, hard work but I saw it as a day off from the wife and a toddler.

Car looks good, makes you want black whenever you see one with good paint.
DaveC_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2020, 07:53 PM   #5
Twisterboy
Washmitt Meister

Looking good there.

Davy
Twisterboy is offline   Reply With Quote