Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Pre-wash stages, Washing, Drying, Clay & 'Quick Detailing'
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pre-wash stages, Washing, Drying, Clay & 'Quick Detailing' Discuss All your prewash stages- washing, claying, pre rinse , claying and drying

Old 19-05-2020, 08:22 AM   #11
JARS
Washmitt Meister

Garage
I’ve worked on 4 vehicles on the main road outside my house since lockdown began.

Mot people will cross the road to try and avoid me, but there is alway one or two that don’t think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 10:20 AM   #12
v_r_s
Orbital Oracle

It's all down to common sense / rules
Depends how genuine you are.

Weeks ago people plain and clearly should NOT have been detailing cars for hours / days on end. Rules were simple STAY INSIDE unless essential. Washing a car wasn't. But neither was people going on 4hr walks or drives.

Sadly ppl were missing the point with STAY INSIDE.. it wasn't stay inside as washing your car on your private drive could increase the risk of contacting Corona. It was simply.. any activity increases chances of Injuries/illness (heart attacks etc) or anything which could mean you need hospital assistant.. thus being a strain on NHS. Quite simple to understand it like that. However alot of ppl who ignored rules to wash cars all day long/go for 5hr drives to walk a dog 30mins or the family etc etc. Couldn't see the possible implications thinking they were doing nothing wrong as walking/washing a car etc etc isn't going to increase a chance of contacting the virus... Which as stated wasn't the point. It was putting ANY strain on NHS services.

As of now "restrictions" are far more relaxed I'd say if you were on a busy street with constant ppl walking passed you then it's not really "sensible" to carry out a 6,hr odd detail. Pretty long winded lol input over.
v_r_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 09:56 PM   #13
Hoppo32
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_r_s View Post
It's all down to common sense / rules
Depends how genuine you are.

Weeks ago people plain and clearly should NOT have been detailing cars for hours / days on end. Rules were simple STAY INSIDE unless essential. Washing a car wasn't. But neither was people going on 4hr walks or drives.

Sadly ppl were missing the point with STAY INSIDE.. it wasn't stay inside as washing your car on your private drive could increase the risk of contacting Corona. It was simply.. any activity increases chances of Injuries/illness (heart attacks etc) or anything which could mean you need hospital assistant.. thus being a strain on NHS. Quite simple to understand it like that. However alot of ppl who ignored rules to wash cars all day long/go for 5hr drives to walk a dog 30mins or the family etc etc. Couldn't see the possible implications thinking they were doing nothing wrong as walking/washing a car etc etc isn't going to increase a chance of contacting the virus... Which as stated wasn't the point. It was putting ANY strain on NHS services.

As of now "restrictions" are far more relaxed I'd say if you were on a busy street with constant ppl walking passed you then it's not really "sensible" to carry out a 6,hr odd detail. Pretty long winded lol input over.
The rules were never "STAY INSIDE", it was "stay at home", total difference.
You could do anything you liked as long as it was on your own property.
Hoppo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoppo32 For This Useful Post:
Cookies (22-05-2020), Juke_Fan (23-05-2020), LFD (22-05-2020)
Old 23-05-2020, 09:48 AM   #14
VW STEVE.
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

We don't really have a drive big enough to wash the car on & our cul de sac is usually only used by the residents so ''yes'' mine gets washed outside my house. As above common sense at all times. Paid a lot of money for my pride & joy & no way is it going to sit covered in bird ****/dust/sap & pollen for weeks on end.
VW STEVE. is offline   Reply With Quote