Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Pre-wash stages, Washing, Drying, Clay & 'Quick Detailing'
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pre-wash stages, Washing, Drying, Clay & 'Quick Detailing' Discuss All your prewash stages- washing, claying, pre rinse , claying and drying

Old 01-06-2020, 09:54 PM   #41
atbalfour
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscopervis View Post
You should try it on a product that is an average beader to see if it suddenly becomes a good beader or stays average. I think I know the answer.

I'm still plugging away at the longer term test to see if the acid affects the durability of different products. I'm only 2 weeks in and had the issue of BSD and EGP having apparently gone off so have swapped them with alternatives. So far, with the weather we are having and 2 easy gentle washes it is far too early to say as all the products are looking as they should, whether FSe wiped or not.
I am a bit of a bead freak so don't own any. I am really fascinated to find out if that's FSe or the products underneath... my mate had FSe on his motor standalone and it gave a little bit of beading, he also uses a rinse aid so could have been remnants of that giving the beading. Who knows...!
atbalfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:28 PM   #42
atbalfour

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
Intrigued by the claim that FSE doesn't impact the water behaviour of the underlying coating I did a quick test this evening.

A very hydrophobic surface before
https://photos.app.goo.gl/t7oZgPWrdTZC9XHj8

An equally hydrophobic and noticeably slicker surface after
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pT5rh2WdK8P5Spp16

This is either an exceptional beader or somehow leaves nothing behind? Initial impressions are fantastic.
Had our first rainfall of the last fortnight and interestingly all of the standing water cleared itself from the FSe side after sub 30mph drive to the shop. You can see the water still standing on the other side which is itself protected with a pretty repellant product.

The added sheeting ability from the FSe applied side (whether this is an FSe characteristic or simply the descaled original product shining through) matches the obvious difference in slickness though there was noticeable water spotting or other visual decontamination on the non FSe side.

Last edited by atbalfour; 02-06-2020 at 08:35 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atbalfour For This Useful Post:
Brian1612 (03-06-2020), roscopervis (02-06-2020)
Old 06-06-2020, 10:14 AM   #43
atbalfour

Garage
To further update on the thread I sidetracked (oops). Finally got a car in with 0 protection.

Used standalone (below photos) shows that FSe leaves something behind but the beads are not impressive.

The puzzling / interesting thing for me was that on that previous test (red bonnet) it didn't mask the performance of the 6 month old gyeon cancoat which is a much more repellant product standalone (even 6 months on) . How? No idea..

Last edited by atbalfour; 06-06-2020 at 10:41 AM.

Tags
detailer