Detailing World Forum banner

AW Enigma or Fireball Fusion

14K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  Hunty 
#1 ·
Evening all.

Looking for any advice between the Enigma or fusion and which one to go for.

Anyone got experience of both?

Big fan of glasur on the BMW but it's not lasting on the everyday car.

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
My back end of the Touring gets dirty very easy so one of the reason I got Enigma. Claiming it has "significant self-cleaning properties." The wax is a joy to use easy on and off and goes along way. Its been on for 3 weeks so far and it's due for a clean so we see how that goes. I have tried to purchase the Fusion ,but seems to be out of stock,

#6 ·
I can vouch for Angelwax Enigma. It's a very high quality wax, gives a nice wet glossy look that lasts. It applies and wipes off nicely. Buy a sample pot and try it out. You'll easily get a few layers out of it! :thumb:

Not sure about the Fireball Fusion, but it has me interested!

#11 ·
I used Enigma at the start of the year. I think a bit of "Expectation Management" is needed with it. Yes, for a wax the paint stays cleaner for longer than others, but it is not a coating, so no scratch resistance and it wont last for years.

It is a fine wax, like Blueberry says, water behaviour is phenominal, and application is a joy on a cool panel. Its not fussy at all like coatings can be so easy for a novice like me. I'm glad I bought a sample! It gives a nice finish too. It does prefer bare paint though, but everything does, I guess.

So just remember it's a wax and you'll love it.

#12 ·
I've decided to go for some Fusso, it seems to last as long have equally as good water behaviour for much much less cost after trawling the interweb.

I personally wont be able to tell which is which on a blind test like 99.9%of the population.

Maybe one day I'll stump up the cash....

#16 ·
I have recently applied Enigma to bare panel wiped paintwork.
It goes on very well although you must fight the temptation to slap it on like I did, a few thin coats with avoid any cloudy or high spots.
It buffs off effortlessly.
Water behaviour is insane, water flies off the car at very low speed with will account for some of the self cleaning.

I guess now it’s a case of waiting 6 months to see but Matt at Angelwax advised that by using engima shampoo I could get a year out of the wax with 2 thin coats onto bare will prepped paintwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 ·
Update on enigma:
It’s completely failed in the areas that take the most dirt like the lower front door panel, no water behaviour at all in those areas and some areas of the bonnet too.
It’s been washed with enigma shampoo 5 times and had a coat of enigma QED. I’m unimpressed and will be stripping it off and applying fifth element instead.

#19 ·
Update on enigma:
It's completely failed in the areas that take the most dirt like the lower front door panel, no water behaviour at all in those areas and some areas of the bonnet too.
It's been washed with enigma shampoo 5 times and had a coat of enigma QED. I'm unimpressed and will be stripping it off and applying fifth element instead.

I would expect enigma to last a lot longer than a month, especially at its price point. Have you been using a strong pre wash on it

#22 ·
Can't give you any comparisons of both but tried Angelwax Enigma recently and must say I love the entire range, after applying the wax the car beads like mad in the rain and is noticeably cleaner after only pressure washing, the QED makes things too easy to topup the protection too.

#24 ·
So was mine for the first month and I'm a massive fan of the Angelwax range and have nearly every product they do but I can't get away from the fact the wax has failed so quickly even though it has been applied and maintained to the letter.

#29 ·
If its a durable winter wax that you’re after but still want it to be glossy and good beading etc etc have a lookst BMD Hercules. (With PTFE)

50ml sample pots are £25.

It applies very thinly being a hard wax and buffs off very easily just like every other BMD wax. The gloss and slickness is amazing once buffed off and the water behaviour is aldo very very good.

What impresses me most is its ability to keep the car cleaner for longer by repelling road grime. Not all waxes can boast this as sometimes a waxed finish can allow the grime to cling

Swissvax Shield has a genuine rival.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.