Detailing World Forum banner

polishing machines

5K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Evo_uk 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
Buy the das6 pro seperatly from clean your car with the group buy code. ....DAS6GROUPBUY. .....and save £15.
Then buy the pads you want, i started with chemical guys hexlogic 1 each of white, blue, black and red.
start by using the polishes and glazes you have......Autoglym Super Resin Polish, Meguires ultimate polish etc and you will see a huge difference straight away....
Use a blue pad with glazes for extra gloss after polishing then wax by hand
A DA will probably be your best buy.
With the das6 pro you can use the smaller backing plate with smaller pads as pittsy mentioned.

#4 ·
Deffo the Das 6 Pro if it's the only machine your going to buy, It's a great allrounder and most people on here cut their teeth on one before moving up to more powerful machines. Easily capable of doing some great correction work, mine lasted about 6/7 years if memory serves before going kaput.

#13 ·
I have finally decided that this one is for me http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polis...s-6-pro-meguiars-hex-logic-kit/prod_1212.html the only problem is the colour of the pads in the picture it look yellow and white but yet in the description it states a orange pad ?

this is what I see

Chemical Guys Orange 5.5" Hex pad is a firm, high density foam and is ideal for scratch and defect removal. The orange hex logic pad offers the correction of a typical compounding pad whilst at the same time allowing the polishing ability of light cut foam pad. When used with heavier compounds it will remove moderate swirls and scratches with little or no haze. It is an all around pad that will work on most light to moderate imperfections.

Chemical Guys White 5.5" Hex medium light polishing pad is a less dense foam formula for the application of micro-fine polishes, waxes, and sealants.

I was thinking of getting a Drying cloth aswell but with all the different ones my mind is boggled ..... lol

#17 ·
#20 ·
just ordered this one http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polis...s-6-pro-meguiars-hex-logic-kit/prod_1212.html am I right or wrong in saying when applying the 105 Ultra Cut Compound do I have to buff the vehicle by hand before I apply the 205 Ultra Finishing Polish , once that is applied do I buff that before I apply any wax ? as you can tell I am totally new to all this ....
Watch the on you tube he even uses Megs 105 & 205 explaining the whole process. Worth watching all of them all the way through. Not sure if anyone else has suggested it but get yourself a scrap panel to practice on to get a feel of what different pad/compound combinations do.

HTH

#19 ·
Enjoy your machine, a wise choice.
Use the white pad for polishing with compound.
You should buy a blue pad and black pad for fine polishes and glazes and a red pad if you want to apply liquid waxes by machine.
I recommend a glaze before waxing as it will add extra gloss underneath the wax.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.