Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2018, 10:13 PM   #31
scooobydont
Orbital Oracle
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Central Scotland
Posts: 669
Thanks: 504
Thanked 433 Times in 287 Posts
I am relatively new but tried OCD Nebula as my first introduction to a show wax, the results blew me away. I am sure other show waxes do similar things but as it is a first for me I was amazed at what a dedicated wax can do.



I know Matt has stopped making wax for now but its worth making a note if it pops up in the classifieds or he starts producing again.

I dont actually know what to go for when it runs out so its a good thread for me to keep an eye on.

Last edited by scooobydont; 04-02-2018 at 10:16 PM.
scooobydont is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scooobydont For This Useful Post:
sean ryan (05-02-2018), stonejedi (12-02-2018)
Old 04-02-2018, 10:40 PM   #32
Mikej857
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Mikej857's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Romford
Posts: 2,029
Thanks: 294
Thanked 1,285 Times in 815 Posts
Garage
For me it's a toss up between obsession wax luminous or evolution both are great waxes, luminous will with out doubt tick all the gloss boxes with ease but evolution will add a little more durability

Other options are hbsauce Sith or waxtub 141

Shame OCD no longer make waxes as nebula would have done the job with ease

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Mikej857 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikej857 For This Useful Post:
sean ryan (05-02-2018)
Old 05-02-2018, 12:31 PM   #33
sean ryan
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
sean ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,372
Thanks: 1,232
Thanked 418 Times in 327 Posts
Has anyone any experience with Autoglanz Aura
sean ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #34
sean ryan
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
sean ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,372
Thanks: 1,232
Thanked 418 Times in 327 Posts
Has anyone used Autoglanz Ceara Dark Edition?
sean ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:52 PM   #35
camerashy
'Detailing Devil'
 
camerashy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Staffordshire Moorlands
Posts: 7,232
Thanks: 2,799
Thanked 2,919 Times in 2,368 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean ryan View Post
Has anyone used Autoglanz Ceara Dark Edition?
Yes, Sean, used it on a Cherry Red Fiesta and really impressed with it gave a lovely mirror like reflection and great flake pop
camerashy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to camerashy For This Useful Post:
sean ryan (12-02-2018)
Old 12-02-2018, 02:35 PM   #36
Leebo310
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Leebo310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Maidstone
Posts: 2,008
Thanks: 724
Thanked 751 Times in 560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean ryan View Post
Before all the know it all's jump on saying prep is the key ect im talking about after a full job after the decontamination and machine polishing stage's ect im looking for a wax that give's of ton's of gloss weather it's a show wax ect what would you recommend and why?
Are you limited to just waxes mate? If you're going to the effort of full machine polishing stages then you'd get better durability and more gloss by going for a coating in my opinion.
Nanolex Si3d is reasonably easy to apply (especially if you only add one coat) and the levels of gloss, especially on white are insane. It's chea**** (about £35 a bottle which will do two small cars) and I've seen it last upwards of 14 months on a show car and 11+ on my own daily (before some lovely folk broke into my house and stole it...)
Still beading just as well, and the gloss after a decent wash was still stunning. I actually credit the levels of gloss as to helping the magpie thief choose the car to steal

I've used it on 4 or 5 cars now and would definitely recommend it, providing you have an indoor space to apply it and leave it for 24 hours (which I'm assuming you do if you are going to perform multiple stages of machine polishing)
Leebo310 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leebo310 For This Useful Post:
sean ryan (12-02-2018)
Old 12-02-2018, 03:36 PM   #37
dchapman88
Dw Reviewer
 
dchapman88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Suffolk
Posts: 2,190
Thanks: 1,124
Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,049 Posts
Garage
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=402928

I'll just leave that here.
In a conversation about glossy waxes, it really does deserve a mention.
With the right prep I don't see why that wouldn't give you a knockout finish.
dchapman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dchapman88 For This Useful Post:
sean ryan (12-02-2018)
Old 12-02-2018, 04:35 PM   #38
sean ryan
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
sean ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,372
Thanks: 1,232
Thanked 418 Times in 327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camerashy View Post
Yes, Sean, used it on a Cherry Red Fiesta and really impressed with it gave a lovely mirror like reflection and great flake pop
Awesome it's on my list but not heard much info on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebo310 View Post
Are you limited to just waxes mate? If you're going to the effort of full machine polishing stages then you'd get better durability and more gloss by going for a coating in my opinion.
Nanolex Si3d is reasonably easy to apply (especially if you only add one coat) and the levels of gloss, especially on white are insane. It's chea**** (about £35 a bottle which will do two small cars) and I've seen it last upwards of 14 months on a show car and 11+ on my own daily (before some lovely folk broke into my house and stole it...)
Still beading just as well, and the gloss after a decent wash was still stunning. I actually credit the levels of gloss as to helping the magpie thief choose the car to steal

I've used it on 4 or 5 cars now and would definitely recommend it, providing you have an indoor space to apply it and leave it for 24 hours (which I'm assuming you do if you are going to perform multiple stages of machine polishing)
Im not really fussed on coating's i love waxing my car's i really enjoy it plus it gets me out of the house and a break away from my wife and kid's for a few hours lol p.s. sorry to hear about your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchapman88 View Post
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=402928

I'll just leave that here.
In a conversation about glossy waxes, it really does deserve a mention.
With the right prep I don't see why that wouldn't give you a knockout finish.
Never heard of this i'll check it out
sean ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 05:14 PM   #39
stonejedi
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
stonejedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: EARTH
Posts: 4,154
Thanks: 4,883
Thanked 2,204 Times in 1,565 Posts
Obsession Luminous Wax is Quality here’s my car wearing one coat of it...

.SJ.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stonejedi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stonejedi For This Useful Post:
sean ryan (12-02-2018)
Old 12-02-2018, 06:58 PM   #40
dchapman88
Dw Reviewer
 
dchapman88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Suffolk
Posts: 2,190
Thanks: 1,124
Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,049 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean ryan View Post
Never heard of this i'll check it out
It's the first time I've used anything from Sam's either.
And for the price and how little you need to apply it's really good bang for buck.
Gave a real nice gloss
dchapman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dchapman88 For This Useful Post:
sean ryan (12-02-2018)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors