Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22-07-2020, 09:10 AM   #1
robz
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Nextbase 622gw Dashcam

Long time no post...

So it's been a while since i've been active here, and there's a lot of new faces , though i do recognise some of the long standing members that have pretty much been here since the start.

I've been looking at organising a Group-Buy for the Soon to be released Nextbase 622GW.

We've had many successful group-buys on here in the past so thought this might interest people.

The amount of discount is unconfirmed at the moment, It retails for £249.99 , but talking to the supplier it may vary depending on the numbers involved.

Here's a link : https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/dash-...22gw-dash-cam/

I'm sure any interest will be dependent on discount available, But can i have a show of hands for anyone interested (and what the price would need to be for you to confirm?)

If there's enough interest then I'll get a proper post put up in the group buy section but just testing the water at the moment

Here's the marketing stuff from their site:

Last edited by robz; 22-07-2020 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Add images
robz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2020, 11:57 AM   #2
andy665

Thanked 5,542 Times in 3,000 Posts
I'm interested, need to know the spec etc and obviously, the confirmed price
andy665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2020, 03:55 PM   #3
robz

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy665 View Post
I'm interested, need to know the spec etc and obviously, the confirmed price
Thanks Andy , Spec below (And edited the OP with better info)

Spec : "The best Dash Cam is now even better, with more features and innovation than ever before.
We’ve done it again, bringing a host of World’s first features to our new 4K Dash Cam to make your journey safer. The 622GW is more accurate, faster, more powerful and critically has a better image quality than any Dash Cam currently available."

4K Image Quality
The 622GW records in top of the range 4K quality at a full 30fps. When trying to make out finer details or capturing that all important number plate, 4K recording quality is as good as it gets in a Dash Cam. While your Dash Cam records at 4K, your Rear Camera Module can still record in full HD quality of 1080p at 30fps, covering your car from multiple angles and giving you greater peace of mind.

what3words
Lost? - In need of assistance but don’t know where you are? We can help. By partnering with what3words we can provide you with your exact location to a 3m square location. This can be shared with the emergency services to quickly precisely locate you. That’s not all, what3words normally requires a data connection to work, but by embedding the system into the Nextbase 622GW you can be safe in the knowledge that even if you run out of data you can still make that call and give your location.

Image Stabilisation
In a Dash Cam first, the 622GW features Digital image stabilisation to greatly reduce vibrations from your vehicle and provide a super smooth, crystal clear image. This means when you playback 622GW footage it will be unwavering, allowing you to see finer details such as number plates signs and critical details.

Super Slow Motion
Super Slow Motion is an upgrade on our previous Dash Cams ability to play in slow motion. Now you can view your 622GW footage in Super Slow Motion at 1080p and 120fps. This feature is ideal to help identify what happens in an incident and capture details such as number plates, vital for proving fault.

Enhanced Night Vision
At Nextbase we recognise the enhanced danger that comes with night-time driving and we have introduced improvements in both the sensor of the 622GW as well as software developments to ensure that the 622GW records all the critical details, even on the darkest roads. The new sensor used in the 622GW has larger pixels, allowing more light into each one, plus the camera automatically detects light levels and enhances the image as its being recorded.

Extreme Weather Mode
Fog is a major cause of road traffic incidents in the UK and the ability to “see through fog” could prove vital in identifying vehicles and number plates where you wouldn’t be able to without this feature. Whether you are involved in or witness an incident in misty conditions this is the only Dash Cam which will use its inbuilt algorithms to provide the clearest image.

GPS Tracking
GPS records location and speed data to view your journey on a map.
Old 31-07-2020, 10:03 PM   #4
robz

Update : A few early adopters are reporting this is not true 4k and is actually re-packaged 2k recording which does not command a higher price. Therefore cancelling this as don't want to be responsible for folks being delivered a sub-standard product.