Detailing World Forum banner

Oooooooohhh!! The 'Boss' as said yes.....

3K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Derekh929 
#1 ·
...... to replacing the Kuga that we've had for 18mths (that's a record for us).

So, I've been hankering after a X3 M40i ever since we saw one back in 2018 in a BMW showroom.

We test drove a 'white' one a couple of weeks ago and I was blown away with the power and that familiar BMW 6pot burble on the over run.

Specced well but not the colour we wanted ( no offence BH, shane_ctr) as it has to be Phytonic Blue, Glacier Silver or Mephisto Grey, mainly for me to make it shine!!!

I've been joking to the boss about putting a deposit down on a nicely specced Gacier Silver one that I've seen only for her to say, give the dealer a call, woohoo!!

So, all going well, we'll be completing on it within the next 2wks with pics to follow..................

#5 ·
Cheers Phil, we had a M40i conv 2 yrs ago and I always regretted selling it as that 6pot engine note and the performance always put a smile on my face. The perils of buying a dog.

my last car was a 335d and I was also looking to move last year to an X3m40 or maybe await the m340touring.

test drove an X3M along with the X3m40 and initially felt more at home in the x3m40 as it felt so similar (but newer and better) than the 335d. Great tech and good space.

But always wanted a M car and the deals at the end of last year were so good i went X3M in Phytonic as it was cheaper than the m40!!!

Anyway, m40i is a great car and you will be very happy ! ENJOY:thumb:
I did see, not looked lately, a beaut X3 Comp in Phytonic kitted up to the hilt, less than 5k on the clock for 56k but that's wayyyy to much money to even attempt to wangle with the boss. It's taken me long enough to worm my way into this X3 M40i.

Oof. Now that's a lovely car Neil.

Plenty of pics please!!!!

Cooks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Will do Niall.

#3 ·
my last car was a 335d and I was also looking to move last year to an X3m40 or maybe await the m340touring.

test drove an X3M along with the X3m40 and initially felt more at home in the x3m40 as it felt so similar (but newer and better) than the 335d. Great tech and good space.

But always wanted a M car and the deals at the end of last year were so good i went X3M in Phytonic as it was cheaper than the m40!!!

Anyway, m40i is a great car and you will be very happy ! ENJOY:thumb:

#7 ·
Oooh enjoy it bud :thumb:

Sounds like it should be specked up nicely, looking forward to seeing your photos :thumb:
Cheers Andy.

Just been and viewed it today as it was at a different Stratstone site but we're buying it from the salesperson we originally saw as he was absolutely bob on with us.

Just got to get it transported to his site and we should, all going well, pick it up next weekend, Sun 1st March.

#9 ·
Cheers BH.

I've looked at those rear sill protectors you had via Ali-express but our fronts have the 'M40' logo on them and I can't see that logo on any of the rears Ali-express sell.

I may just bite the bullet and buy/fit the same as you have, at least it's some protection and they do look bob on.

#10 ·
Specced well but not the colour we wanted ( no offence BH, shane_ctr) as it has to be Phytonic Blue, Glacier Silver or Mephisto Grey, mainly for me to make it shine!!!
I did a 'New Car Detail' on a Phytonic Blue X3 with CarPro CQuartz UK 3.0 ceramic coating. I thought it was a cracking colour. You said you'd like to make it shine...you'd love Phytonic Blue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.