Detailing World Forum banner

VW Scirocco Clean

4K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Starbuck88 
#1 ·
After a number of airport runs in the last few months and a recent weekend away in the country, the Scirocco wasnt fairing too well.

I used a pretty basic method and products and not many during pics I'm afraid. Not even a power washer!

After an initial rinse I used AF Lather Shampoo and a Meguiars Lambswool Mitt. I used a microfibre mitt I got for free on the really muddy bits and wheels.

Wheels were done using AF Iron Out and Auto Glym Wheel Cleaner.

Here is before

During

After

Tyres, plastics and rubbers were done using Kryptonite AZ G101 as an APC and agitated with a stiff brush on the tyres and a soft detailing brush for the window rubbers, door trims and the plastic stuff on the front bumper.

Then I washed the car for a second time!

I dried the car using a Meguiars Drying Towel.

When dry I used Poorboys Black Hole with a Meguiars foam pad - by hand. This was followed up with AF Glisten spray wax and finally sealed with Auto Glym Extra GLoss Protection. Boy did I feel that when I was done...

Glass was done using Auto Glym Fast Glass.

Window rubbers, and trim dressed with Auto Glym Gel.

I have not used any Tyre Dressing as the stuff i have goes brown after a couple of days so didnt think it was worth it.

Here are the afters.

Thanks for looking!

See less See more
#2 ·
I had a facelifted 'Roc' in 'Flash Red' which I traded in for a different car a couple of years back. I will always have a soft spot for them! They look sporty and quite different from the rest of the bland VW range. Such a shame they stopped making them...

I had the same 'Interlagos' alloys - the best ones!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.