Detailing World Forum banner

What detailing products did you finish off today?

31K views 72 replies 42 participants last post by  350Chris 
#1 ·
Thought I’d start this off as I managed to finish off 4 separate bottles today, albeit one is just a refill.

Maybe I’m slightly warped but I like to finish off products. In fact, I sometimes intentionally use them even if I have superior products just so that I feel I’m reducing stock, so to speak. I felt pictures of empty bottles was pushing it a bit so didn’t bother. :lol:

So, what have you finished today and would you get it again, plus your reasons why?

Autoglym leather cleaner - Polished off a bottle I’ve had for probably in excess of 10 years, albeit I’ve only really started using it in the last 2 years as my daily has full leather trim. Whilst it’s a good cleaner (the interior in my 108 came out of another vehicle and was covered in grease and oil when I bought it for a bargain price, it took me about 7 hours to clean both front seats and the rear bench before I fitted them and wired in the side impact air bags) I have others that are also good cleaners and/or leave a leather smell after use, something the Autoglym leather cleaner didn’t do. I would not look to buy another bottle.

Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer - I mix this 50:50 with an old Black Friday deal from 2 years ago that Car-Chem offered. Great stuff.
Ive already bought another bottle.

Auto Allure Iron it out (bleeding fallout remover) - This stuff, as you’ll suspect, smells utterly awful. I’ll be honest and say it was the first fallout remover I ever bought. I’ve bought a few more since and have to say this was my favourite, especially as on one occasion 2 old Women came out of the house opposite to get in a taxi and commented how the drains must be blocked? :lol:
Would I buy it again - No. whilst it’s a good product, the actions of their ‘former’ owner on here left a sour taste in my mouth so for that alone I’m out.

Flash APC - Ok, it was only my Autoglym bottle with a 20:1 mix in but it ran out again. As this stuff costs me about 5p per refill it’s fantastic. Flash APC is peanuts if caught at the right time in a major supermarket.
I’d buy it again in a flash. Sorry, had to do that pun...

See less See more
#45 ·
Finished off a little sample bottle of Autobrite Direct Pinksheen. It was an interior trim dressing that I had got off someone on here from the classified section as part of a bulk of sample size products.

It wouldn’t be everyone’s cup of tea as it leaves a very shiny finish but I personally really liked it. Smells lovely too. I’ve retained the very useful sized sample bottle and I’ll put something else in it for the meantime as it’s a great size to keep hidden away in the door bins.

Once all this Covid-19 crap is over I’ll look to get some more of this.

#46 ·
Finished off a little sample bottle of Autobrite Direct Pinksheen. It was an interior trim dressing that I had got off someone on here from the classified section as part of a bulk of sample size products.

It wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea as it leaves a very shiny finish but I personally really liked it. Smells lovely too. I've retained the very useful sized sample bottle and I'll put something else in it for the meantime as it's a great size to keep hidden away in the door bins.

Once all this Covid-19 crap is over I'll look to get some more of this.
Order it now as AB are offering free delivery at present.

#48 ·
I finished off a bottle of menzerna 2500, a couple of clay bars (one of which was brand new and I dropped it :censored: ) and binned out a couple of polishing pads that were too far gone.

I have selected most of my go to products now...so am starting the 5L top ups for key liquids

#52 ·
Finished off some Carplan Bug Blitz today.

Just some cheap bottle that was picked up years back but I polished it off by using it as a clay lube where it performed admirably to be fair.

I’d not buy it again as I’ve got plenty of other stuff that’s fit for purpose.

#53 ·
Another one down...

Car-Chem 500ml air freshener. I picked it up during the Christmas sale of 2018 and opted for ‘bubblegum’ flavour.

It is very sweet smelling (as to be expected with bubblegum) and it doesn’t linger. Had to reapply to the front matts every 2 days or so, if not more frequently?

Another one I’ll not be replacing, albeit the vast majority of Car-Chem stuff I do find to be great.

#54 ·
Another one down...

Car-Chem 500ml air freshener. I picked it up during the Christmas sale of 2018 and opted for 'bubblegum' flavour.

It is very sweet smelling (as to be expected with bubblegum) and it doesn't linger. Had to reapply to the front matts every 2 days or so, if not more frequently?

Another one I'll not be replacing, albeit the vast majority of Car-Chem stuff I do find to be great.
Currently using this also & find the same, 2-3 days is the norm. Smells nice though but still looking for the holy grail of spray air freshener that will last 1+ week.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

#60 ·
Gyeon 'Tire' Cleaner - very mild, no better than an APC wouldn't recommend.
Bilt Hamber Korrosol - I seem to get about 3 cars out of a bottle, more has arrived.
Polish Angel Supersport - Ordered 100ml in March, applied to 6 or 7 cars including a double layer on my own two. Ordered more.

#65 ·
DetailedOnline's fallout remover yesterday, but more to come today. Since I started detailing my own car, figured 500ml of everything would be enough. Several cars later for family members, friends etc. I soon realised the 5L bundles from different places aren't just for professionals!

#67 ·
Couldn't miss the EZ car care sale even if my eyes were shut so decided to check it out. Bought a few potions including car care shampoo, ceramic wax extreme, reigning iron, reset, GTR, citrus wash and some sub zero snow foam. It was cheap enough in small sizes that I felt it was worth a go, nice to broaden the selection at hand when cleaning the new car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.