Detailing World Forum banner

BH's 2012 (2011 Model) Swift Challenger 480 2 Berth

15K views 66 replies 10 participants last post by  muzzer 
#1 ·

This is our 2012 2011 model Swift Challenger 480 2 berth 'van

After 3 months of searching we came by chance across this 'van on eBay that a Dealer was selling on

The CRiS report shows it was registered in May 2012 but is in fact a 2011 model with one previous owner

It is in original condition with a lot of its original features

One of our many 'must have's' for us was a motor mover as my back is a bit on the knackered side lol
That box is ticked
The Dealer completed a full service and gave us a back to base warranty for 6 months. Quite happy about that as we only live 20mins away from them

The 'van was really clean when we collected it but being a bit anal about these things the wife & I cleaned every surface on the inside & I mean every surface, even the 1's you can't see lol

The list of bits you need when starting from scratch seems to be endless & expensive but what the hell

Spec on our van here -
https://www.pdf-archive.com/2019/08/02/challenger-sept-2010/

Prior to our first trip away I purified the whole water system, filled the gas bottle & bought a carbon monoxcide alaram with a battery for the smoke alarm
The van already had a fire blanket and a filled fire extinguisher so all those boxes ticked too

We booked 3 nights away as a tester break & ended up booking another 4 nights at another site as we were all enjoying ourselves so much
I was even enticed into buying a sun canopy for our first trip away lol

Away on our 2nd journey shortly with September & October breaks already booked lol

On our next journey I'lll be breaking out our new air awing which I got new with accessories 1/2 price
Caravanners do like a bargain!

I'll post some pic's when I get the air awning up

PS If anyones missed it this is our tow car
https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=414619

Updates as & when

Come on people, where are your caravan/motorhome threads ?

See less See more
#3 ·
Looking good!! We had a night away with our new van last week but no pics as want to get set up before it rained, then we just chilled. We're away in just over a week to Dorset from Sussex so will be a good test and I will start a thread for our adventures, promise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look foreword to your pics & thoughts Chris :thumb:

#4 ·
Expect pictures when i get the time but ours is a 2016 Lunar Quasar. We went with this because it has a full width bathroom at the back but then we lose out on having a proper bed so swings and roundabouts i guess.

Tow car will be the 508 we bought recently and i'm now concerned about towing it the 30 miles from the dealers to the storage site. Oh well, she can only kill me once :lol:

#6 ·
Our Swift had a Fireangel smoke alarm fitted but no carbon monoxide detector so matched a Fireangel one up & put it on the wall under the smoke alarm

Fire blanket & 'in the green' fire extinguisher already in by the door

Don't forget the rule of caravan loo use too
Who ever does a number 2 gets to empty it!
Only number 1's
Oh & only night time use too. What do you think the toilet/shower block is for for gawds sake lol

Didn't realise I ****** that much TBH lol

#7 ·
Just got back form 9 nights away. Had a fab time
Put the air awning up for the 1st time. The wife & I had a right laugh putting it up
Would have put it up a lot quicker if I'd had a lump hammer to bang the rock pegs in with mind. Guess what I've bought today for our next trip away 2 weeks on Sunday ? :lol:

Set up pick -

Our outside water supply pipe burst at 2am on out first night. Quick 10 min repair with a pipe joint, a torch & a pair of scissors & back to bed

The joys of caravaning :lol:

#14 ·
That's a lovely caravan, BH.

I must admit, I love the idea of a caravan - especially the motor mover. Basically, you've a massive remote controlled car. Lol

Cooks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Thanks Cookies :thumb:
To quote my neighbours kids when they saw me moving the caravan with the motor mover -
'Wow! Thats better than the PlayStation. Can we have a go?'
No prizes for my answer lol
Looks great, can't wait until we update ours(1999 Elldis) but have to wait until house is done! Although she's 4 birth with full awning so we have everything we need at the moment.
Cheers buddy :thumb:
Got any pics of the Elldis to add to the section?

#20 ·
Thanks to Darlofan I'm not preparing for a Cadac bbq

I knew our caravan has an external bbq point but didn't realise it didn't come with the adaptor
So quick search on eBay & I've got myself a Bullfinch gas outlet adaptor

ÂŁ12 off eBay for a new one. Happy enough

Looking like the Cadac will be a Christmas pressie . Have you seen the price of the :censored: !

Kampa Diddy (i kid you not lol) fan heater for the awning coming tomorrow for the awning for our trip early September

Looking to buy a large George Foreman grill in the interim before the Cadac bbq 'arrives lol

When will the :censored: spending end ? :wall:

#28 ·
Brought the Swift home today to prep for our 10 nights away

Engaged the motor mover to move it on our drive & ping! one of the stainless steel bolts snapped FFS
Managed a temporary fix with 5 spare new ss bolts & nyloc nuts ordered

This is the mutha that caused all the probs

Anyway changed the head unit on our caravan as it had a JVC CD unit installed
Yup I know CD's! What are they ? lol

Changed it to a USB supported brand new JVC head unit
Took me longer to take it out of the box than it did to install lol

Using a 32GB Sandisk Cruzer USB :thumb:

#29 ·
Just got back from our 10 night break
2 sites - 6 & 4 night split

1st site - Eye Kettleby Lakes
(This site was voted no.1 in the Uk in Practical Caravan magazine 2019 awards)

150 mile drive down was horrendous. High winds with rain thrown in at the end. Not very enjoyable TBH. Plenty of 'clenching' moments coming out of the slipstream of HGV's when over taking 'em
Mpg was down to 22.9mpg, which I blame the headwind for FFS

I booked a large serviced pitch mainly for out pooch - woof! lol

Pitch was tarmac with a pea gravel section for the awning

Dog exercise area was HUGE ! Fenced off & short grass. Darcy our ****er Spaniel loved it

2nd go at the air porch awning which went up a lot easier than the 1st time. Lump hammer is highly recommended

Set up pic -

This was the grassed area of our pitch. 'Twas massive, not over looked & ideal for the dog

Great site can't recommend it enough
So much so we booked a 12 night stay while we were there in the same pitch for next year

2nd site -Glenfield nr. York

Great little 30 pitch site with immaculate toilet/shower block

Couldn't be :censored: with the awning as plenty of rain was forecast

Set up pic -

Overall mpg was 27.1mpg over 340 miles which I'm happy enough about
Temporary fix to the motor move lasted, which I was pleased about
New bolts waiting on door mat when I got home

#33 ·
Look like 2 great sites there. Motor mover bolt a pain but at least your temp fix held up.
Passing lorries takes some getting used to even in calm weather!
Definitely agree with more jollies, we've had 7 trips so far this yr with one booked october(just wife and I for anniversary) planning a November one too before I get her indoors over Winter to sort damp patch(van not wife!).

#31 ·
Pegs wise, we bought what looks like an ice axe to knock them in with but is essentially a very long handled claw hammer with a shovel isntead of a claw so if you have to you can dig round them and has a hook at t'other end to hook the pegs out of the ground. Twas a godsend, even the misses hooked the pgs out with it and she is a slight little thing.

#45 ·
Just back from 9 night stay in York
Weather was :censored: but we still enjoyed ourselves

A few pic's -

Weather was so nice I decided to get the sun canopy out

Never saw the sun again after that FFS :wall: :lol:

As you can see Darcy had a busy time :lol:

This one's for you Muzzer -

If I have to suffer all this stuff so do you buddy
Dare you to show your wife ... :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.