Detailing World Forum banner

What detailing products did you finish off today?

31K views 72 replies 42 participants last post by  350Chris 
#1 ·
Thought I’d start this off as I managed to finish off 4 separate bottles today, albeit one is just a refill.

Maybe I’m slightly warped but I like to finish off products. In fact, I sometimes intentionally use them even if I have superior products just so that I feel I’m reducing stock, so to speak. I felt pictures of empty bottles was pushing it a bit so didn’t bother. :lol:

So, what have you finished today and would you get it again, plus your reasons why?

Autoglym leather cleaner - Polished off a bottle I’ve had for probably in excess of 10 years, albeit I’ve only really started using it in the last 2 years as my daily has full leather trim. Whilst it’s a good cleaner (the interior in my 108 came out of another vehicle and was covered in grease and oil when I bought it for a bargain price, it took me about 7 hours to clean both front seats and the rear bench before I fitted them and wired in the side impact air bags) I have others that are also good cleaners and/or leave a leather smell after use, something the Autoglym leather cleaner didn’t do. I would not look to buy another bottle.

Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer - I mix this 50:50 with an old Black Friday deal from 2 years ago that Car-Chem offered. Great stuff.
Ive already bought another bottle.

Auto Allure Iron it out (bleeding fallout remover) - This stuff, as you’ll suspect, smells utterly awful. I’ll be honest and say it was the first fallout remover I ever bought. I’ve bought a few more since and have to say this was my favourite, especially as on one occasion 2 old Women came out of the house opposite to get in a taxi and commented how the drains must be blocked? :lol:
Would I buy it again - No. whilst it’s a good product, the actions of their ‘former’ owner on here left a sour taste in my mouth so for that alone I’m out.

Flash APC - Ok, it was only my Autoglym bottle with a 20:1 mix in but it ran out again. As this stuff costs me about 5p per refill it’s fantastic. Flash APC is peanuts if caught at the right time in a major supermarket.
I’d buy it again in a flash. Sorry, had to do that pun...

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.