Detailing World Forum banner

What detailing products did you finish off today?

31K views 72 replies 42 participants last post by  350Chris 
#1 ·
Thought I’d start this off as I managed to finish off 4 separate bottles today, albeit one is just a refill.

Maybe I’m slightly warped but I like to finish off products. In fact, I sometimes intentionally use them even if I have superior products just so that I feel I’m reducing stock, so to speak. I felt pictures of empty bottles was pushing it a bit so didn’t bother. :lol:

So, what have you finished today and would you get it again, plus your reasons why?

Autoglym leather cleaner - Polished off a bottle I’ve had for probably in excess of 10 years, albeit I’ve only really started using it in the last 2 years as my daily has full leather trim. Whilst it’s a good cleaner (the interior in my 108 came out of another vehicle and was covered in grease and oil when I bought it for a bargain price, it took me about 7 hours to clean both front seats and the rear bench before I fitted them and wired in the side impact air bags) I have others that are also good cleaners and/or leave a leather smell after use, something the Autoglym leather cleaner didn’t do. I would not look to buy another bottle.

Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer - I mix this 50:50 with an old Black Friday deal from 2 years ago that Car-Chem offered. Great stuff.
Ive already bought another bottle.

Auto Allure Iron it out (bleeding fallout remover) - This stuff, as you’ll suspect, smells utterly awful. I’ll be honest and say it was the first fallout remover I ever bought. I’ve bought a few more since and have to say this was my favourite, especially as on one occasion 2 old Women came out of the house opposite to get in a taxi and commented how the drains must be blocked? :lol:
Would I buy it again - No. whilst it’s a good product, the actions of their ‘former’ owner on here left a sour taste in my mouth so for that alone I’m out.

Flash APC - Ok, it was only my Autoglym bottle with a 20:1 mix in but it ran out again. As this stuff costs me about 5p per refill it’s fantastic. Flash APC is peanuts if caught at the right time in a major supermarket.
I’d buy it again in a flash. Sorry, had to do that pun...

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Not today - but I did at the weekend...and I find it strangely satisfying to finish something in its entirety :confused:

A bottle of carpro ironx
A bottle of poorboys bug squash
A bottle of auto finesse total

All have spares or alternatives already sat on the shelves and it still prompted me to put a detailing order in for no real reason :lol:

#3 ·
Just finished up the dregs from a bottle of autoglanz mist interior detailer/dressing.
Was really nice to use, smelled ace and left a lovely factory finish.
Would I buy it again? Yes. But I already have others to use up first.

P.S, good thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
I finished off a 500ml bottle of something called ‘Eco wash’ today. It was an ecologically friendly shampoo that I picked up many years ago for a quid, it still had the reduced sticker on the front. You know the type, the ones in the generic bottles that you see in places like B&M or the car section in Morrisons.

Not that I’ve ever seen it anywhere else but there’s no way on this earth I’d buy it again, it is complete and utter dog-log. Literally no suds, no slickness and I must have put about 100mls in the bucket.

This is hands down the worst shampoo I’ve ever used (and I’ve used Chemical Guys Wonder Wash! :lol:), in fact it’s the worst product I’ve ever used - period.

#17 ·
Polished off a bottle of Dr Leather advanced formula leather cleaner today.
It’s a product I’d had for a couple of years after reading reviews on here. The leather in my car is typically cleaned weekly so this would be overkill but it has a pleasant leather smell too.

I picked up another bottle a year or so ago via the classified section on here. If I’d not have bought a bottle already I would be buying a replacement. Retained the sprayer from my existing bottle for use on the next one. The only gripe I’d have with this product would be that the bottles lose their shape and deform.

#18 ·
I’ve a few 5 litre Auto Finesse containers and would love to get them out my garage as they only have a small amount left so would love some 500ml containers if anyone is throwing them out. More than happy to pay the postage.

Sound Odd but the 5 litre containers are so big I can’t find space in my cupboards for them.

#19 ·
I've a few 5 litre Auto Finesse containers and would love to get them out my garage as they only have a small amount left so would love some 500ml containers if anyone is throwing them out. More than happy to pay the postage.

Sound Odd but the 5 litre containers are so big I can't find space in my cupboards for them.
Why not recycle some fruit juice containers ? The 1L fresh orange / apple plastic bottle type.?

I have and they work great - quick clean, soak to remove / soften glue on the label, wipe round with some tar remover - clean bottle to decant into :thumb:

#25 ·
So, finished another one off today...

Auto Allure - Bright tyres. Smells very ‘chemically’, spreads well, leaves a nice glossy look to the tyres, doesn’t sling (liquid rather than a gel). I’ve finally finished off a 1 litre bottle of the stuff. Would I buy it again - No. This comes back to the same issue I referenced in my opening post - whilst it’s a good product, the actions of their ‘former’ owner on here left a sour taste in my mouth so for that alone I’m out. Quite sad really as they do a few products that I really rate but I just refuse to deal with people that behave in that fashion.

#41 ·
So, finished another one off today...

Auto Allure - Bright tyres. Smells very 'chemically', spreads well, leaves a nice glossy look to the tyres, doesn't sling (liquid rather than a gel). I've finally finished off a 1 litre bottle of the stuff. Would I buy it again - No. This comes back to the same issue I referenced in my opening post - whilst it's a good product, the actions of their 'former' owner on here left a sour taste in my mouth so for that alone I'm out. Quite sad really as they do a few products that I really rate but I just refuse to deal with people that behave in that fashion.
Auto Allure Boost is/was a brilliant product, on daily beaters - the shine just lasted for ages. I'm strecthing out my last bottle as best I can because it will be a sad day when it's finished.

Don't suppose anyone knows (for a fact) what other own label product is the same thing? I mean Auto Allure didn't manufacture so I assume others were re-badging this stuff too ?

#26 ·
4 x MF cloths....they have been clinging on to life every use and they have gradually been, folded, folded and folded again whilst being used for less and less 'valued' jobs...

When I caught myself wiping up a spillage on the garage floor with one...it was time to commit them to the big landfill in the sky

Remember, a MF is for a job - not for life! :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.